Just Stop Oil . Heros Or Villains?

I've just been reading about the Porsche protest.
The funniest part for me was that apparently they tried to use Uber to order food for themselves (which security wouldn't let in) ... so protesting against oil but more than happy to order a food delivery service? And you can almost guarantee that the delivery cars weren't electric.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

I've just been reading about the Porsche protest.
The funniest part for me was that apparently they tried to use Uber to order food for themselves (which security wouldn't let in) ... so protesting against oil but more than happy to order a food delivery service? And you can almost guarantee that the delivery cars weren't electric.

Very funny and also shows the hypocrites for what they are.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

I have a question. It may seem a bit of a silly question but it is a genuine question, he goes...

Are the police obliged to deal with protesters that glue themselves to things? by "deal with" I mean have them removed? sure the police will need to secure the area of the protest for  their safety but are emergency services obliged to have them physically removed?

What has prompted me to ask this question is 9 protesters from a group called Scientist rebellion glued themselves to a Porsche showroom floor and then risibly began complaining about " the poor “conditions” they were put in, when Autostadt staff turned off the lights and the heating at the end of the workday. They complained that the premise was shut off and supporters couldn’t get in to bring them food, so they had to contend with the food VW brought for them. They complained about the glue on their hands (which they had placed there, in case you need reminding), and then said that VW denied them medical assistance. They said VW refused them basic needs by not providing them with bowls to urinate in. They complained of “random” security checks throughout the night, which kept them from getting a proper night's sleep."

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/gluing-yourself-to-the-porsche-floor-and-then-complaining-about-conditions-is-bad-activism-201814.html

So the next time Just Stop Oil protesters decide to glue themselves to the tarmac or whatever, can't they just be (securely) left to eventually get cold, hungry, and pee and poo themselves?

Can't understand why VW gave them food .

• 2 months later...
On 21/10/2022 at 14:54, hackey lad said:

Can't understand why VW gave them food .

The Western World has gone mad!

Never thought I'd see them self destruct in my lifetime.

And they are still buying Putin's Fossil fuel to finance his War against Ukraine!

They'll never convince the rest of the World to adopt their madness!

Stick a fork in "em! They're done like dinner! :)

• Like 1