Bathroom Install Cost?

Fudbeer

Hi 

Am looking to get a bathroom installed and am trying to get an idea on cost  and how long the job usually takes  have looked at google but have a feeling prices have gone up since many of those articles!

Basically its a small bathroom and includes removing existing suite and tiles  and installing new one in same place and wall and floor tiled.

Could either supply materials myself or include them.

Fully appreciate its only a guide as there are many variables but just wanted an idea.

Thanks so much.

1 hour ago, Fudbeer said:

Hi 

Am looking to get a bathroom installed and am trying to get an idea on cost  and how long the job usually takes  have looked at google but have a feeling prices have gone up since many of those articles!

Basically its a small bathroom and includes removing existing suite and tiles  and installing new one in same place and wall and floor tiled.

Could either supply materials myself or include them.

Fully appreciate its only a guide as there are many variables but just wanted an idea.

Thanks so much.

Can’t give you an estimate but my son is a plumber ( sorry he’s fully booked) but his advice is always “ The cheapest estimate isn’t always the best bathroom fitter “ Usually a recommendation from a previous customer is always the best guarantee.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, pattricia said:

Can’t give you an estimate but my son is a plumber ( sorry he’s fully booked) but his advice is always “ The cheapest estimate isn’t always the best bathroom fitter “ Usually a recommendation from a previous customer is always the best guarantee.

Thanks Patricia 

I totally agree and always do due diligence before hiring.

I think like  your son many of the best plumbers are fully booked at present and that in itself has pushed prices up.

Edited by Fudbeer

20 hours ago, Fudbeer said:

Thanks Patricia 

I totally agree and always do due diligence before hiring.

I think like  your son many of the best plumbers are fully booked at present and that in itself has pushed prices up.

Yes, if a plumber can come the next day, he hasn’t got much work on. Better to wait for a busy one and get a better service.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It wouldn't be a bad idea to rip it out yourself, if you're able. It will save you a pretty penny and you can usually shift the old suite on freecycle.

I paid about £1200 for having a shower, toilet and heated towel rail fitted and the shower tiled and it took 2 men 3 days (though they were occasionally just 1 man as they were on another job nearby and would have got in eachothers way for some elements) . That was only fitting cost and everything was already where it needed to be plumbing-wise.

Edited by GritGit