Recommendation For Non Crop Photo Printing

Chekhov

Does anyone have any recommendations for printing out 6x4 pictures (in 100 to 150s) from a CD ? Mail order would be fine.

I used to use Harrison's but they have just put up their prices by 150%, from 10p each to 25p each ! Max Spielmann in Hillsboro are even more expensive....

There is one slight complication, not all my pics are perfect 3:2 aspect ratio (e.g. the multi pics) and I do not want any cropping, i.e. I want the white gaps on the two sides and the picture at full size.

Apparently Snapfish print 6x4s at 11p each but I am unconvinced if they would crop them (most photo printers do...) and phoning them up is not easy. 

Most places (like snapfish) should let you preview things before ordering/final steps etc... Having not used spnapfish specifically i cant say, but have used freesnaps for odd ones on the past, and they are reliable up to now..

1 hour ago, forgeman said:

Try Ron Harrison cameras on London road

I have used Harrison's for about 18 years, but, as I said in the opener, their price for a 6x4 print (for 100+) has gone up from 10p to 25p......

It is also quite difficult to phone them up sometimes.

2 hours ago, Ghozer said:

Most places (like snapfish) should let you preview things before ordering/final steps etc... Having not used spnapfish specifically i cant say, but have used freesnaps for odd ones on the past, and they are reliable up to now..

I just want to send them the DVD and them to print out 100+ pics which I have already edited.

As it happens, I phoned them up and they confirmed they will not print out at "no crop". They automatically crop every pic to fit 6x4 by trimming off any sides which are longer than the 6x4 aspect ratio, so called "fit picture to frame". But I do not want them to do that, particularly for double multi pics or panoramic shots. I want the original aspect ratio with any resulting white lines on two of the sides.

I suspect any photo printer that offers "no crop" will be more expensive but I do not understand why, particularly twice the price. All they have to do is uncheck "fit to frame" in the printer dialogue.

Edited by Chekhov

Try ASDA photo online. Just upload the photos, edit the quantity and order.

6x4 prints, 100-499 are £0.09. They also have a simple photo editor with basic functions, enhance, crop, red eye reduction etc. In keeping with other online photo printing they charge around £2 for delivery.

https://www.asda-photo.co.uk/about/photo-printing

54 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Try ASDA photo online. Just upload the photos, edit the quantity and order.

6x4 prints, 100-499 are £0.09. They also have a simple photo editor with basic functions, enhance, crop, red eye reduction etc. In keeping with other online photo printing they charge around £2 for delivery.

https://www.asda-photo.co.uk/about/photo-printing

9p a pic sounds very good, but I would be surprised if you can select "no crop"

As an aside, I've got about 160 pics which only just fit on a  DVD, about 4.5GB. How do I upload them ? ! ?

1 hour ago, sheffbag said:

ive used freeprints and they came out ok for a 6x4". Jsut upload the pics to your pc then send them off. 

It's 150 pics at 4GB,c an you send them a DVD ?

I contacted Snapfish (by their extremely annoying webchat...) and they confirmed they only deal with uploads.