Nice Italian Restaurants

karl2784

I would vote against Rossi's - we went a while back for a "team meal", there were a ot of us and we'd had some very expensive wine, but even so, the bill seemed a little expensive. When we disected it they'd tried to overcharge us by almost £300... We pointed this out and the waiter looked very sheepish and shuffled off, returning moments later with an adjusted bill.

Hi there.

Does anyone know of any nice italian restaurants in sheffield? any good experiences?

Thanks guys!:)

Piccolo on West Street! Limited menu really, but why have 40 average dishes when you can have 20 well executed ones! Not been for ages, but will have to get at some point .......

The Maitre d' is great too ...... will have a good laugh with you, even if he has gone into Basil Fawlty mode ......

Enjoyed every time I've been there .... and really quite reasonable as the food is good .........

Just thought of another. Litty Italy in Dronfield, fantastic!!! I've been there loadsa times and its beautiful, great service, extremeley good fresh food and its a nice tiny little restaurant. I went a couple of weeks ago for a birthday and i ordered the steak.....it was like a mini joint of beef and so tender and soft, :love: i think it was £17 for the steak which isn't bad.

Also on a sunday its 1/2 price pizza and pasta night. :D

xxx

marco @ milanos is an amazing restaurant, named in a national broadsheet paper as one of the top 10 Italian restaurants in the UK.

God knows how they won that, probably because they are expensive and pretentious, was the paper the Observer by any chance ?

I used to go to BB's, Division St every month for about a year and a half... Very intimate, gorgeous food, nice atmosphere and reasonably priced...

Stopped going after two consecutive occurances of poor service, followed up with a rather snooty letter to the management, but since that is almost 2 years ago, I may be tempted to go again, as I miss their lovely starters! mmmm!

Been to a fab one in Rotherham called E'Lupos on Effingham Street, with live music on a Friday night and singing waiter included! Part owned by a guy called Steve who also owns Music World in Sheffield I think. Very highly recommended.

Archived