Nice Italian Restaurants

karl2784

"Dino's" on london road is very nice, not too expensive and very nice food, its a family run buisness so always very friendy.

Only problem is, the last couple of times we have been passed there has been blinds up to the windows, so not sure if they are away or renovating.

But if its still open, well worth a visit.

God knows how they won that, probably because they are expensive and pretentious, was the paper the Observer by any chance ?

I've been to Marcos@Milanos loads and never found it pretentious... far from it. We're always made to feel totally welcome (even when we turn up in jeans and t shirts) and the level of service is just right.

The prices aren't ridiculous, you get what you pay for.. which is something above and beyond most italians. The food is delicious and Marco is always very friendly. Can't recommend it more highly.

Yeh, I do recommend Marco too.

Between choosing somewhere like Nonnas (and I do vouch that they are the *most* authentic Italian restaurant you can find in Sheffield as well), and Marco. Marco slightly wins it for me. If you think about how much you pay for a meal in the city centre, and what you get for it. Then you surely wouldn't mind paying a little extra for more authenticity. Sometimes it's not about portion sizes. It's not somewhere I go often, but definitely worth trying out for special occasions.

I was quite surprised that Marco was recommended in the newspapers. Finally, something worthy up North ! Well done to them.

I'd echo the forummer who mentioned Piccolo's, just off West Street. Jose classes his establishment as 'alternative Italian' and that's just about right.

Great for steaks and with decent wines (esp. Valpolicella and Chianti) and with an intimate, personal touch. Their garlic bread is worth going for alone.

It's a nice place to take a partner.

Also recommended: BBs on Devonshire Green and Mama and Leonnie's (the latter serve the finest spare ribs in Sheffield).

Oooh, that's got me goin',.....

"Dino's" on london road is very nice, not too expensive and very nice food, its a family run buisness so always very friendy.

Only problem is, the last couple of times we have been passed there has been blinds up to the windows, so not sure if they are away or renovating.

There is a new one on Abbeydale Road. It's right on the corner that bears right just after the fork on London Road.

L'Incontro (can't remember exact spelling) It's the same family that ran Dino's.

I can't recommend the place highly enough. Me and my mates have been at least once a week since we found it. Top notch++

• 1 year later...

dinos are frauds and they closed!

Archived