Highest Scoring Sheffield Derby Anniversary.

Alextopman

21 hours ago, Alextopman said:

It was actually pay on the day on the Kop on Boxing Day 1979 I did so myself.

You get a lot trying to refute that fact and saying it was all ticket but actually that isn't true.

There were no buses.

I got a lift with my mate’s dad. We all sat together on the North Stand. They are both Blades. It was a very quiet car ride back to Dinnington.

3 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Any chance of the official team squads for both teams in 1943?.

By the way they managed to complete the northern league season once during the war and do you know who won?.

Still nothing official and recognised in any records.

Straw grasping.

Lots of war programmes on that guys flickr, have a troll through maybe itl show you the answer to the squads.

Fact is it was normal practice to list the club the loan player was from or they were simply labelled as guest in brackets, Ive a few war league programmes and its a common theme if a club had to draft a player in.

While it may not be official, thats only because the league was suspended, the war league was played under different conditions, due to the war and players getting called into service.

One thing I can guarantee is if the result had been the other way round YOU would have posted about it YEARS ago 😂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Lots of war programmes on that guys flickr, have a troll through maybe itl show you the answer to the squads.

Fact is it was normal practice to list the club the loan player was from or they were simply labelled as guest in brackets, Ive a few war league programmes and its a common theme if a club had to draft a player in.

While it may not be official, thats only because the league was suspended, the war league was played under different conditions, due to the war and players getting called into service.

One thing I can guarantee is if the result had been the other way round YOU would have posted about it YEARS ago 😂

They didn't even run the league on a points system.

Maybe you're correct but anyway I'm happy with the official records as they are.

Calm down stop shouting.

12 hours ago, prince al said:

I went to the Boxing Day massacre and the April 5 game a the lane. I thought they both an all ticket.

Hillsborough was pay on the day on the Kop.

Edited by Alextopman

13 minutes ago, prince al said:

Thanks for reminding me of that goal!

Now that was a contender for goal of the season!

A very good goal but not good enough to get a few Owls on here excited.

Similar standard to the one scored by a Blades player a few weeks ago but they weren't impressed.