King Charles

25 minutes ago, trastrick said:

The monarchy in Britain as a long history, and it's a shame that its demise will be the the Royal Imperial Reign of King Charles 111, and his Consort!

In the old days, they wouldn't allow such an abject idiot to represent the Country.

Time for a peasant's revolt, or another invasion!

(Of common sense)  :)

Oh I don’t know about that, the Royals along with the Aristocracy have rarely been known for their intelligence. But fortunately they don’t have anything to do with the running of the country, so why do we need them?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

My main concern at the moment is for the England football team.  How are they going to cope with sudden change to the words of the National Anthem? 

14 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

My main concern at the moment is for the England football team.  How are they going to cope with sudden change to the words of the National Anthem? 

Mumble and hum, like they do in Canada.

That anthem has been changed, reworked and reworded so many times in the last few years (in both languages) nobody can sing it without the latest woke version written down.  :)

Edited by trastrick

32 minutes ago, trastrick said:

The monarchy in Britain as a long history, and it's a shame that its demise will be the the Royal Imperial Reign of King Charles 111, and his Consort!

In the old days, they wouldn't allow such an abject idiot to represent the Country.

Time for a peasant's revolt, or another invasion!

(Of common sense)  :)

Well it is going to be a bit hypocritical when we all hear Charles making commitments to God at his coronation & being holier than thou & we eventually see a philanderer & a marriage wrecker sat side by side with crowns plonked on their heads, supposedly representing the best of the nation. 

Edited by Baron99
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, crookesey said:

Oh I don’t know about that, the Royals along with the Aristocracy have rarely been known for their intelligence. But fortunately they don’t have anything to do with the running of the country, so why do we need them?

Well, from what I gather, the Royal aniversaries, birthdays etc are celebrated by 'commoner' ladies who get to dress up like Duchesses with big hats for the'galas'. A great excuse for a **** up.

Politically it's a mess, because ant-royalists are usually on the left of the spectrum, but so are climate change nutters, so they will be a little conflicted, what with Charlie being an ecco- activist, and all that.

19 minutes ago, crookesey said:

My bold. 

One of the most intelligent dogs is a cross between a German Shepherd & a Labrador.   That's because you've taken the best of both by widening the gene pool. 

When for centuries the European aristocracy has all been marrying the offspring of Queen Victoria, the gene pool gets a bit reduced & you end up with individuals who can only get a degree in History of Art, a weak chin & premature thinning hair. 

Edited by Baron99
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Well it is going to be a bit hypocritical when we all hear Charles making commitments to God at his coronation & being holier than thou & we eventually see a philanderer & a marriage wrecker sat side by side with crowns plonked on their heads, supposedly representing the best of the nation. 

Let's say the Coronation will lose some of it's solemn "gravitas".

Hopefully they'll have the good taste to scale it down a bit, like Liz Taylor's 8th wedding?

Take the limo to church, not the Golden Coach!

53 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

That’s ‘courtesan’.

"concubine"?

4 hours ago, lazarus said:

I’ve never had any allegiance to the royal family at all BUT it’s sad for a family to lose a mother, grandmother and auntie. 

We lost more than that, but  to be fair to the royals they have treated their losses with dignity, unlike some folk that we have all seen on TV and heard on radio of late, going hysterical on the death of the Queen.

King Charles' first royal walkabout seemed to go well. Much Shaking of hands and pleasantries. They seemed very warm towards him and he to them. He even let one lady give him a hug and a kiss.(Maybe he's picked up a tip or two from Diana - and that's not meant as a dig.) 

Funnily enough both public and king appeared to gain a degree of comfort from it. 

Quite difficult to get the tone right but he visibly seemed to relax.