King Charles

21 hours ago, Anna B said:

King Charles' first royal walkabout seemed to go well. Much Shaking of hands and pleasantries. They seemed very warm towards him and he to them. He even let one lady give him a hug and a kiss.(Maybe he's picked up a tip or two from Diana - and that's not meant as a dig.) 

Funnily enough both public and king appeared to gain a degree of comfort from it. 

Quite difficult to get the tone right but he visibly seemed to relax.

I saw a bit of this.  I liked the bodyguard that was walking ahead of Charles, pushing the mobile phones of those at the front down so they weren't stuck inches from Charles' face & trying to take photos at the same time as they tried to shake his hand.   The bodyguard kept repeating, "Put your phone down, live in the moment & enjoy."     Excellent response & put-down. 

So many of these 'caring, sympathetic' people seemingly only interested in sticking their mobiles in the face of a grieving man so they can post it on their social media accounts.

"And this is me livin' it large in Ibiza;  here's me enjoying a Nando's & this one is me & Charlie hours after his mum, the Queen died." 

Edited by Baron99

On 09/09/2022 at 14:18, trastrick said:

Well, from what I gather, the Royal aniversaries, birthdays etc are celebrated by 'commoner' ladies who get to dress up like Duchesses with big hats for the'galas'. A great excuse for a **** up.

Politically it's a mess, because ant-royalists are usually on the left of the spectrum, but so are climate change nutters, so they will be a little conflicted, what with Charlie being an ecco- activist, and all that.

Eco hypocrite more like.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/jun/01/duchies-of-lancaster-and-cornwall-snub-tree-campaigners

On 09/09/2022 at 14:04, Baron99 said:

My main concern at the moment is for the England football team.  How are they going to cope with sudden change to the words of the National Anthem? 

Same as I do. Don't sing it.

On 09/09/2022 at 14:10, Baron99 said:

Well it is going to be a bit hypocritical when we all hear Charles making commitments to God at his coronation & being holier than thou & we eventually see a philanderer & a marriage wrecker sat side by side with crowns plonked on their heads, supposedly representing the best of the nation. 

Won't matter. The sycophants in their royal blue tinted glasses, are oblivious to anything this awful family do wrong. 

On 09/09/2022 at 20:25, trastrick said:

Now you'll have to change the coins and pound notes.

Although I wouldn't be in any hurry to do that! You never know how the Media can turn on a dime. :)

The new coins & notes will just be struck & printed at the rate they normally would & all the new plastic notes currently in circulation will be around for longer than the old paper notes.  I might just keep £5 note as a keepsake, probably along with millions of others. 

I'm more interested in seeing what the postage stamps  look like? 

44 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I seriously cannot see anything funny about that 

At my Nan's funeral when she had been lowered into her grave I asked "Can anyone else hear any knocking?"

My point is not everyone has the same sense of humour.

P.S. Before you clutch your pearls my Nan would have peed herself laughing at that joke 👍