Are People Really This Stupid These Days?

2 hours ago, geared said:

This exactly.

Ask 100 people and you'll get a handful of stupid answers.  Edit those together and post the video on YouTube.

Hmmm... :huh:

That's interesting...
... but I suppose it depends on your definition of 'handful'.

If taken as being 'a hand full of fingers', then...
... you're suggesting that up to 5% of the population could be this stupid! (Maybe even more... in some parts of the country!) :hihi:

That's 1 in 20...
... or maybe, a couple of people on any bus!

If one of them's the driver, that could explain why the buses never seem to run on time...
(JOKE!)

16 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Just following on from a post that I made yesterday on the Coronavirus thread about how stupid some people seem to be that they'll believe anything they see on the interwebs, and a reply from Rev Sibon ;) suggesting that no-one reads books anymore...

... I've just stumbled across this video.

Did you believe it? :roll:

25 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Did you believe it? :roll:

Good question!

This is the problem (as raised earlier by Rev Sibon)... there's really no way of most people knowing (without carrying out a thorough investigation - and who does that?) what is real and what is fake on the interwebs!

I would hope that it's faked, as suggested.

That's why the thread title asks the question...
... to see what other people think!

There's lots of reasons why the video may be 'staged' (mainly views/ad revenue etc).

But if those in the video are happy to 'go along' with being shown to be a bit deficient in the grey matter department (fake or not) for their few minutes of YouTube fame, then that raises another question about the stupidity of some people... :roll:

3 hours ago, geared said:

This exactly.

Ask 100 people and you'll get a handful of stupid answers.  Edit those together and post the video on YouTube.

Yeah!

You have to wonder, if the real thick people, aren’t the ones who take these videos on face value, and assume the people shown are a good representation of people in general.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

In certain places  such as California and Oregon, an increasing amount of "teachers" in schools are nothing more than radical activists, obsessed with sex and sexual identity and race/racial identity and find a way to crowbar it into every lesson regardless of subject, even math's. 

I suppose they'll be making the study of bell curves compulsory then? :suspect:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Bloke said:

Good question!

This is the problem (as raised earlier by Rev Sibon)... there's really no way of most people knowing (without carrying out a thorough investigation - and who does that?) what is real and what is fake on the interwebs!

I would hope that it's faked, as suggested.

That's why the thread title asks the question...
... to see what other people think!

There's lots of reasons why the video may be 'staged' (mainly views/ad revenue etc).

But if those in the video are happy to 'go along' with being shown to be a bit deficient in the grey matter department (fake or not) for their few minutes of YouTube fame, then that raises another question about the stupidity of some people... :roll:

I think a far bigger problem is that people who think everything on the 'interweb' is fake, also assume that everything on main stream media is genuine.

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I think a far bigger problem is that people who think everything on the 'interweb' is fake, also assume that everything on main stream media is genuine.

Why do you think that is a bigger problem?

5 minutes ago, sibon said:

I'd say because most folks get their news and opinion from the MSM.

Which is why a lot of people ARE, and remain stupid, these days.

But not all! :)

Edited by trastrick
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, sibon said:

Because we all treat interweb information with a degree of caution (or we should) and check out its validity, but not so with the MSM which is also prone to a degree of misinformation, bias, lying by omission etc.

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 1