Hospital And Gp Appointments Postponed .

9 minutes ago, El Cid said:

It's quite obvious that if you give doctors and nurses the day off, an unplanned day off, operations will be cancelled.

Unless the government made more money available. Perhaps all the royalist would like to make a donation to the NHS?

Yes, it is obvious, but the problem is it's sudden which has not given people much warning so will cause problems for some. 

More important in my book is why all the  hospital clinics virtually close down at weekends, especially when there are such long waiting lists. I'm told it's because the Consultants won't work weekends.

Everybody else has to, so why not them?

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Yes, it is obvious, but the problem is it's sudden which has not given people much warning so will cause problems for some. 

More important in my book is why all the  hospital clinics virtually close down at weekends, especially when there are such long waiting lists. I'm told it's because the Consultants won't work weekends.

Everybody else has to, so why not them?

Do you want them working 7 day weeks?

If there are 5 consultants working 30 hours a week, thats 150 hours. If you spread it out over 5 days or 7, its still 150 hours, so whats the difference?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Do you want them working 7 day weeks?

If there are 5 consultants working 30 hours a week, thats 150 hours. If you spread it out over 5 days or 7, its still 150 hours, so whats the difference?

I want the clinics open 7 days a week. Then we might get down some of the backlog that built up over lockdown. Having all the facilities standing idle 2 days a week seems a waste. Poor health doesn't stop for weekends. Nurses have to work and so do a lot of other people.

Just now, Anna B said:

I want the clinics open 7 days a week. Then we might get down some of the backlog that built up over lockdown. Having all the facilities standing idle 2 days a week seems a waste. Poor health doesn't stop for weekends. Nurses have to work and so do a lot of other people.

Right, so did you actually read my last post? Do you want the same number of consultants working now to be forced to do 6/7 day weeks?

34 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Right, so did you actually read my last post? Do you want the same number of consultants working now to be forced to do 6/7 day weeks?

Never heard of a rota system? 

We have been needing more doctors for years.

Where are they? The population is growing, and growing older. It's hardly come as a surprise has it?

While we're at it, what's happened to GP's since lockdown? 

Trying to get an appointment is almost impossible.

Edited by Anna B

36 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Never heard of a rota system? 

Erm, yes?

That was my whole bloody point, how do 5 doctors working 150 hours over 7 days solve anything in comparison to 5 doctors working 150 hours over 5 days?

And finally you get to the issue. More staff needed. Happy to pay more in National Insurance to fund it?

Edited by HeHasRisen

8 hours ago, Leo Tomlinson said:

On the day of the funeral , What a bloody disgrace this is , Perhaps some ones old sick mam will miss  a vital  operation that she has been waiting for for months or years . This could lead to people dying  or suffering even more .

What with the clamp down on any one protesting about the monarchy this Country is becoming  a bloody pantomime .

I agree with this post.

11 hours ago, Leo Tomlinson said:

On the day of the funeral , What a bloody disgrace this is , Perhaps some ones old sick mam will miss  a vital  operation that she has been waiting for for months or years . This could lead to people dying  or suffering even more .

What with the clamp down on any one protesting about the monarchy this Country is becoming  a bloody pantomime .

Do you really  believe  vital operations will be cancelled ? Or are you just trying to cause upset ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Erm, yes?

That was my whole bloody point, how do 5 doctors working 150 hours over 7 days solve anything in comparison to 5 doctors working 150 hours over 5 days?

And finally you get to the issue. More staff needed. Happy to pay more in National Insurance to fund it?

National insurance should have risen from year 1 at the rate of inflation. Then we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now.