Taxi Fares

We ventured out last week, first time since lock down.

We were shocked that the taxi home charged 1.5 times the fare getting into town.

City cars said that they charge time and a half at weekends, but this was not mentioned on the phone.

Is this correct, when did they start charging time and a half without warning?

1 hour ago, mancmart said:

We were shocked that the taxi home charged 1.5 times the fare getting into town.

City cars said that they charge time and a half at weekends, but this was not mentioned on the phone.

Everyone is cashing in on the cost of living 'crisis'

2 hours ago, mancmart said:

Not sure about what you  are saying - was it not weekend when you went out, but was when you returned?

Glad you decided you could go out after lockdown - but sadly prices etc have changed in the meantime.

We went out on Saturday night. Normal fare. Came home at midnight, 2.2 miles. Charged 1 and a half the price it took to get into town

When I rang City cars, after being dropped off, they said time and  half weekends, after 10pm, but this was never mentioned up front, either on the phone or in the car.

It isn't the price I am questioning, which I am aware has gone up anyway; it's the price plus 50%.

They only used to do this at Christmas time, and you were told when you ordered your cab. 

Don't have a clue what these "5days holidays" are to which you are referring.

So to conclude, does anyone on here use City Cars, and can, and do they just charge fare and a half without warning?

22 hours ago, mancmart said:

We went out on Saturday night. Normal fare. Came home at midnight, 2.2 miles. Charged 1 and a half the price it took to get into town

When I rang City cars, after being dropped off, they said time and  half weekends, after 10pm, but this was never mentioned up front, either on the phone or in the car.

It isn't the price I am questioning, which I am aware has gone up anyway; it's the price plus 50%.

They only used to do this at Christmas time, and you were told when you ordered your cab. 

Don't have a clue what these "5days holidays" are to which you are referring.

So to conclude, does anyone on here use City Cars, and can, and do they just charge fare and a half without warning?

How much was it for the two and a half miles  journey /