Uniforms And Vestments

I wish not to detract from the solemnity of the events that are upon  us, but  the uniform tailors and the people who make clerics' vestements must have been busy.  The principal mourners seem to have an endless wardrobe of different outfits,  and broadcasts from the church(es)  showed serried ranks of church officials and attendants in fine robes and surplices.  Will their business slow down in weeks to come?

Edited by Cyclecar
Spelling

2 hours ago, Cyclecar said:

I wish not to detract from the solemnity of the events that are upon  us, but  the uniform tailors and the people who make clerics' vestements must have been busy.  The principal mourners seem to have an endless wardrobe of different outfits,  and broadcasts from the church(es)  showed serried ranks of church officials and attendants in fine robes and surplices.  Will their business slow down in weeks to come?

You're assuming those people didn't have those clothes already and won't use them for other occasions.

• Like 1

No doubt they cost a fortune and must be kept in storage for a long periods of time, (well protected from moths I hope.) 

But I can't imagine the splendour of the proceedings without them. They did look magnificent.

Look upon them as a tourist attraction if it helps...

(Oh, and I do object to Bearskins not being made out of synthetic fur.)

Edited by Anna B