Ron Desantis Has 'Beaten The Left' At Their 'Own Game'

33 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Lol

Here's what REALLY happened!

CBC

Trump no longer deemed in contempt of court in New York case

"Donald Trump is no longer in contempt of court, a New York judge ruled Wednesday.

Judge Arthur Engoron, who declared the former president in contempt on April 25 for being slow to respond to a civil subpoena issued by New York's attorney general, said Trump has now met conditions required to lift the sanction following a protracted legal battle.

The "sanction", was the order as a result of the contempt of court ruling, which he complied with and was lifted.

That he was found to be in contempt of court, still stands. He was!

Are you really trying to claim that when someone pays a fine for doing something wrong, the thing they did that led to the fine... didn't happen? :loopy:

Edited by Magilla

22 hours ago, Magilla said:

The "sanction", was the order as a result of the contempt of court ruling, which he complied with and was lifted.

That he was found to be in contempt of court, still stands. He was!

Are you really trying to claim that when someone pays a fine for doing something wrong, the thing they did that led to the fine... didn't happen? :loopy:

Lol

He hasn't paid the fine yet. He's appealing the contempt citation, (which has already been lifted).

A contempt citation is only an allegation, not a "finding", until the appeal is heard and adjudicated.

The "fine" is in Escrow, awaiting the outcome of the "trial"! If he wins his case, he gets his money back!  :)

It's like bail money, Held in Escrow. Not an indication of "guilt".

Once more, with feeling!

CBC

Trump no longer deemed in contempt of court in New York case

"Donald Trump is no longer in contempt of court, a New York judge ruled Wednesday.

Judge Arthur Engoron, who declared the former president in contempt on April 25 for being slow to respond to a civil subpoena issued by New York's attorney general, said Trump has now met conditions required to lift the sanction following a protracted legal battle.

The judge had ordered Trump to pay $10,000 US a day until he complied with Letitia James' subpoena, which was issued in December.

Trump accumulated $110,000 in fines before Engoron stopped them from accruing, to allow more time to comply with the subpoena. He has paid the fines, which will remain in escrow while he appeals the original contempt filing."

:)

41 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Lol

He hasn't paid the fine yet.

Nonsense. As your link makes abundantly clear.

He's appealing the contempt citation, (which has already been lifted).

Everyone gets their contempt citation lifted when they do what the sanction specifies. :?

That in no way changes the reality that they were found to be in contempt.

A contempt citation is only an allegation, not a "finding", until the appeal is heard and adjudicated.

Nope, it really isn't. Trump lost every appeal he lodged against the ruling. :?

Regardless, every other appeal, held within 7 days... this one, several months later... nothing...

...got a date for when this appeal will be heard? If it had been lodged, there would be one.

As before, quietly dropped... you are still telling us it's coming! :thumbsup::hihi:

The "fine" is in Escrow

In his ruling, Engoron told Trump to pay the money directly to James’ office and for the attorney general to hold the money in escrow...

...he absolutely did pay the fine! :thumbsup:

awaiting the outcome of the "trial"!

Nope, as your link makes clear, awaiting the outcome of his appeal... the one that didn't happen. :roll:

The outcome of any trial will make no difference whatsoever here.

If he wins his case, he gets his money back!  :)

Nope... he doesn't. He'd need to win an appeal against the contempt ruling for that, he hasn't lodged one, because he will lose!

It seems you really are trying to claim that when someone pays a fine for doing something wrong, the thing they did that led to the fine... didn't happen! :loopy:

As per the Trump thread, logically nonsense, legally illiterate waffle with no basis in reality. :loopy:

Edited by Magilla

36 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Nonsense. As your link makes abundantly clear.

Everyone gets their contempt citation lifted when they do what the sanction specifies. :?

That in no way changes the reality that they were found to be in contempt.

Nope, it really isn't. Trump lost every appeal he lodged against the ruling. :?

Regardless, every other appeal, held within 7 days... this one, several months later... nothing...

...got a date for when this appeal will be heard? If it had been lodged, there would be one.

As before, quietly dropped... you are still telling us it's coming! :thumbsup::hihi:

In his ruling, Engoron told Trump to pay the money directly to James’ office and for the attorney general to hold the money in escrow...

...he absolutely did pay the fine! :thumbsup:

Nope, as your link makes clear, awaiting the outcome of his appeal... the one that didn't happen. :roll:

The outcome of any trial will make no difference whatsoever here.

Nope... he doesn't. He'd need to win an appeal against the contempt ruling for that, he hasn't lodged one, because he will lose!

It seems you really are trying to claim that when someone pays a fine for doing something wrong, the thing they did that led to the fine... didn't happen! :loopy:

As per the Trump thread, logically nonsense, legally illiterate waffle with no basis in reality. :loopy:

There he goes again!

No more patronizing you, until you learn how to behave like an adult!  :)

Edited by trastrick

2 minutes ago, trastrick said:

There he goes again!

No more patronizing you, until you learn how to behave!  :)

You're not capable of patronizing anything or anyone...

...as your post above makes abundantly clear, you literally have no idea how anything actually works! :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

You're not capable of patronizing anything or anyone...

...as your post above makes abundantly clear, you literally have no idea how anything actually works! :hihi:

You mean aside from my 40 odd years of being paid for my opinions?  

By all levels of government, and all the major utility companies in Canada?  :)

Too bad you can't sue them! :)

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

You mean aside from my 40 odd years of being paid for my opinions?

By all levels of government, and all the major utility companies in Canada?  :)

So you claim...

...I do hope it's not your legal opinion though, since you have obviously and fundamentally failed to understand the logical ramifications, and legal details, of your own links! :hihi:

Too bad you can't sue them! :)

For what.. You making a fool of yourself by making claims you can't back up, that logically make no sense, and legally are a nonsense...

...why would I want to?

Edited by Magilla

8 minutes ago, Magilla said:

So you claim...

...I do hope it's not your legal opinion though, since you have obviously and fundamentally failed to understand the logical ramifications, and legal details, of your own links! :hihi:

For what.. You making a fool of yourself by making claims you can't back up, that logically make no sense, and legally are a nonsense...

...why would I want to?

We could have a little wager, about my "claims"?

Put up or shut up!  :)

Put up or shut up!  :)

I did, with logical and legal truths re: your ridiculous claims...

...you've got nothing, beyond the usual "you're being mean to me"! :hihi:

Just another load of waffle to avoid actually addressing the response... because once again, you can't.

Your claims bear no relation to reality! :roll:

Edited by Magilla

5 minutes ago, Magilla said:

I did, with logical and legal truths re: your ridiculous claims...

...you've got nothing, beyond the usual "you're being mean to me"! :hihi:

Just another load of waffle to avoid actually addressing the response... because once again, you can't.

Your claims bear no relation to reality! :roll:

I'll take that as a "No" then!  :)

No courage of your (deluded) convictions.

Trolls are all the same.

I've been dealing with 'em since the old days of AOL bulletin boards in the 80s.

(and no I've never complained "You are being mean to me")

Bring it on Bro!  :)

I enjoy the exchange!

That should be apparent to all!