Ron Desantis Has 'Beaten The Left' At Their 'Own Game'

2 minutes ago, trastrick said:

I'll take that as a "No" then!  :)

To your ability to counter my points, absolutely.

As always, you've got nothing but a load of irrelevant waffle.

No courage of your (deluded) convictions.

Trolls are all the same.

Pointing out your claims are without substance, logically flawed and have no legal basis, doesn't make me a troll! :?

I've been dealing with 'em since the old days of AOL bulletin boards in the 80s.

By writing a load of completely irrelevant waffle, to avoid addressing anything the other poster actually said... no doubt! :hihi:

(and no I've never complained "You are being mean to me")

Sure fella which is why you're always resorting to the , "ad hominem attack line" (which is logically incorrect), and today a claim of "invective"...

...you're fooling no-one!

Bring it on Bro!  :)

I enjoy the exchange!

So you keep saying, but when I do you bend over backwards to avoid actually addressing anything in the response!

...but sure, I'll ask again:

Are you really trying to claim that when someone pays a fine for doing something wrong, the thing they did that led to the fine... didn't happen?

23 minutes ago, Magilla said:

To your ability to counter my points, absolutely.

As always, you've got nothing but a load of irrelevant waffle.

Pointing out your claims are without substance, logically flawed and have no legal basis, doesn't make me a troll! :?

By writing a load of completely irrelevant waffle, to avoid addressing anything the other poster actually said... no doubt! :hihi:

Sure fella which is why you're always resorting to the , "ad hominem attack line" (which is logically incorrect), and today a claim of "invective"...

...you're fooling no-one!

So you keep saying, but when I do you bend over backwards to avoid actually addressing anything in the response!

...but sure, I'll ask again:

Are you really trying to claim that when someone pays a fine for doing something wrong, the thing they did that led to the fine... didn't happen?

The fine is not paid until it passes into the custody of the court that imposed it.

That is why at present it is sitting in Escrow. Do you know what that means?

The validity of the fine is still under appeal.  :)

If Ms James fraud "alligation" is ultimately upheld in a court of law, the legitimacy of the fine, can be adjudicated separately.

The legitimacy of the contempt citation is under appeal. :)

My last word on the subject (for now).

As for your other delusion about me complaining about your "meanness", I will remind all of my response to your most recent unhinged rant on the Trump thread.

I said, to whit, in post #6467

............................................................................................................................

"Keep the personal insults coming, pal. You're setting records!

"a completely unhinged, utterly ill-informed, massive snowflake jack-ass, a completely unbalanced, woefully ill-informed, easily led, mental midget?"

I've started to enjoy them!

DO keep up the GOOD work!  :)"

........................................................................................................

You're really not that important to me to be offended by such childish drivel

In all my years, I have never flagged a post, complained to moderators, or tried to censor or ban a poster, his comments, or his trolling.

Online blogging is what it is, and  there all knds of nutters out there!  :)

Have a nice day!  :)

Edited by trastrick

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

The fine is not paid until it passes into the custody of the court that imposed it.

That is why at present it is sitting in Escrow. Do you know what that means?

Trump has paid the fine.

The validity of the fine is still under appeal.  :)

Every other appeal in this case was lodged, held, and concluded within 7 days.

Appeals must be lodged with the court within 30 days... your article link is considerably longer ago than that.

If Ms James fraud "alligation" is ultimately upheld in a court of law, the legitimacy of the fine, can be adjudicated separately.

The fine is completely irrelevant of the outcome of the fraud trial.

My last word on the subject (for now).

Cue another huge load of yet more irrelevant waffle, to avoid answering a pretty simple question. :roll:

Edited by Magilla

On 24/10/2022 at 11:17, Magilla said:

Trump has paid the fine.

Every other appeal in this case was lodged, held, and concluded within 7 days.

Appeals must be lodged with the court within 30 days... your article link is considerably longer ago than that.

The fine is completely irrelevant of the outcome of the fraud trial.

Cue another huge load of yet more irrelevant waffle, to avoid answering a pretty simple question. :roll:

I've answered, so have the folks below!

You still can't, won't or are incapable of getting it!  :) 

It's way past ime you got up to date on the matter!

CNBC

JUNE 29, 2022

"A New York judge on Wednesday lifted a contempt-of-court order against former President Donald Trump that was imposed after he failed to comply with a subpoena as part of a state investigation into his business.

New York Supreme Court Judge Arthur Engoron said in a court filing that he lifted the contempt order after reviewing “recent additional submissions” from Trump’s legal team.

"New York Attorney General Letitia James, whose office is conducting the civil probe into the Trump Organization, agreed that the newly submitted documents were sufficient to lift the order, the judge wrote.

“It is hereby ordered that the contempt of respondent Donald J. Trump is purged,” Engoron wrote.

"As for the $110,000 fine that Trump paid as part of his contempt conditions, Engoron ordered the money to remain in the attorney general’s escrow account pending the outcome of an appeal"

So what happens to the money already paid into Escrow?

MOTHER JONES

Trump Pays $110,000 Fine to New York's Attorney General

"In the meantime, the $110,000 Trump paid to James will wait in an escrow account, because Trump has appealed the original contempt ruling to a higher court. If Trump ultimately loses the appeal, James’ office will receive the money currently being held in escrow. 

(Only)"If Trump ultimately loses the appeal, James’ office will receive the money currently being held in escrow. 

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2022/05/trump-pays-110000-fine-to-new-yorks-attorney-general/

Which simply means that if the Appelate Court overrules the Contempt Cite, Trump gets his money back!  :)

Even his enemies are betting on the outcome :)

YAHOO/LIFE?THE ROOT

JUNE 29

"Proving that the sun shines on even a dog’s behind occasionally, ex-president Donald Trump got good news in at least one of his ongoing legal struggles on Wednesday. A New York judge lifted the contempt order against him related to the investigation by New York Attorney General Letitia James".

"CNN reports he paid $110,000 in fine, which will be kept in an escrow account pending his appeal.

"We’re gonna bet Trump won’t be putting that cash back in his pocket, though. Between a criminal investigation in Georgia and the House Jan. 6 Committee’s hearings this week, which were a disaster for MAGAworld, it looks like he’ll be paying lawyers for a long time to come.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-finally-stop-paying-contempt-234800588.html

Lynch mobs have a little trouble dealing with the concept of how justice and the law are applied in the U.S.

"We are not going to wait for the Courts" - Pelosi in rushing through her second Impeachment attempt.

But contempt Cites, Court Orders, and even Guilty verdicts, are often overturned on Appeal.

And THAT"s the Law!

So all ya got with your Trump stuff, is the usual:

We'll see!  :)

I've answered, so have the folks below!

More of the same as last time, already covered in my previous post.

Those folks verify every claim I've made! :thumbsup:

But contempt Cites, Court Orders, and even Guilty verdicts, are often overturned on Appeal.

Trump was found to be in contempt of court, his appeals all failed and he was forced to comply with the subsequent order, to get it lifted.

Trump has paid the associated fine.

Trump hasn't appealed the contempt ruling and the window for him to do so has now passed.

The outcome of any subsequent trial using the info provided by Trump as part of the contempt order, will make no difference to the fine.

They are entirely separate issues.

Once again, that's a lot of typing and copy pasting to avoid answering a pretty simple question. :roll:

Edited by Magilla

17 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Indeed... they verify every claim I've made.

Trump has not appealed.

Another huge load of yet more irrelevant waffle, to avoid answering a pretty simple question. :roll:

LOL

"CNN reports he paid $110,000 in fine, which will be kept in an escrow account pending his appeal".

CNBC - "Engoron ordered the money to remain in the attorney general’s escrow account pending the outcome of an appeal"

Trump appeals against judge's contempt order ... - The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com › us-news › apr › trump-...

Apr 27, 2022 — Donald Trump is appealing the contempt of court order he received from a Manhattan judge that fines him $10,000 a day for failing to comply ...

Next?  :)

Edited by trastrick

19 minutes ago, Magilla said:

More of the same as last time, already covered in my previous post.

Those folks verify every claim I've made! :thumbsup:

Trump was found to be in contempt of court, his appeals all failed and he was forced to comply with the subsequent order, to get it lifted.

Trump has paid the associated fine.

Trump hasn't appealed the contempt ruling and the window for him to do so has now passed.

The outcome of any subsequent trial using the info provided by Trump as part of the contempt order, will make no difference to the fine.

They are entirely separate issues.

Once again, that's a lot of typing and copy pasting to avoid answering a pretty simple question. :roll:

A fine in "Escrow" is not a legal fine until the legal matters surrounding it are adjudicated!  :)

Like the wager I offered you. It would be put in Escrow with a mutually trusted SF poster, :)

22 minutes ago, trastrick said:

"CNN reports he paid $110,000 in fine, which will be kept in an escrow account pending his appeal".

All already covered in my previous posts, but once again... just for you.

An article from months ago...

Every other appeal, lodged, held and concluded within 7 days. All lost.

The window to lodge an appeal, 30 days.

Trump didn't appeal.

CNBC - "Engoron ordered the money to remain in the attorney general’s escrow account pending the outcome of an appeal"

Clearly then, Trump did pay the fine. He hasn't appealed.

Trump appeals against judge's contempt order ... - The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com › us-news › apr › trump-...

Apr 27, 2022 — Donald Trump is appealing the contempt of court order he received from a Manhattan judge that fines him $10,000 a day for failing to comply ...

That appeal already failed.

Trump loses bid to stay New York contempt of court order and avoid $10K daily fine:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/03/trump-loses-bid-to-stay-new-york-contempt-of-court-order-and-avoid-10k-daily-fine.html

...the week after the appeal was lodged. :?

Next?  :)

Edited by Magilla

On 18/09/2022 at 18:42, The_DADDY said:

I can almost hear the people of Dore clutching their pearls in sheer horror at the thought as I type

You obviously don’t know Dore that well, it already has more than it’s fair share of fruit and nut cases, many coming from it’s enormous council estate. 😉

12 minutes ago, Magilla said:

All already covered in my previous posts, but once again... just for you.

An article from months ago...

Every other appeal, lodged, held and concluded within 7 days. All lost.

The window to lodge an appeal, 30 days.

Trump didn't appeal.

Clearly then, Trump did pay the fine. He hasn't appealed.

That appeal already failed. It's failure is why Trump complied with the order, which was lifted in June!

A fine paid into Escrow is refundable, pending the final outcome of the legal matters that gave rise to it  :)