Life After Death

Just now, Baron99 said:

I saw the same documentary & have a similar power to that little lad only I see stupid people. 

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that 144,000 of Jesus' most faithful followers will be resurrected to rule with Him after the Earth is destroyed. Witnesses believe that most of these spots are already taken, with only about 8,500 remaining.

A quick check on the Internet says the current number of Jehovah's Witnesses in the world stands at over 8 million.  Not great odds in getting in their section of Heaven. 

Not trying to derail the thread but I can't let that post go without commenting.

The jehovahs witness make me vomit. They were forever knocking on our door with stories of love, forgiveness, happiness yet when I contacted whem when of their own was in desperate need of help they totally ignored him. Never bothered trying to help one bit.

I ended up going to their kingdom hall and giving them with both barrels.

It made me feel better but still didn't get that poor bloke any help..

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Not trying to derail the thread but I can't let that post go without commenting.

The jehovahs witness make me vomit. They were forever knocking on our door with stories of love, forgiveness, happiness yet when I contacted whem when of their own was in desperate need of help they totally ignored him. Never bothered trying to help one bit.

I ended up going to their kingdom hall and giving them with both barrels.

It made me feel better but still didn't get that poor bloke any help..

Sorry Daddy, But I can't resist...

2 knocked on my door last week, feeling charitable I invited them in.

"Would you like a coffee and biscuits" I asked..

"Yes please" they replied.

Then I asked "What would you like to talk about"

They looked at each other, and said, " we don't know, we've never got this far before"

Apologies Daddy.

5 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Why shouldn’t we be?

It depends which branch/sect denomination you follow, ie, Unitarianism doesn't accept the divinity of Jesus. Jehovah's Witnesses' are Christian and follow biblical scripture in a literal sense (what other ways should there be?) and one of their beliefs is that on the Day of Judgment (Eschatology, the End Times, Old Testament doctrine) everyone who's died (right back to and beyond early man?) will be resurrected, asked if they now believe and repent, if not they die again.

Remember that Jesus of Nazareth's central teaching was the Coming (immanent) Kingdom of God. it never came, but what they did get was the Church.

Edit- obviously other religions/beliefs have different ideas.

Edited by carosio

1 minute ago, Padders said:

They looked at each other, and said, " we don't know, we've never got this far before"

Apologies Daddy.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Chuffinell Padders.  You do crack me up..

Edited by The_DADDY

1 minute ago, Padders said:

Apologies Daddy.

1972 😀

6 minutes ago, carosio said:

It depends which branch/sect denomination you follow, ie, Unitarianism doesn't accept the divinity of Jesus. Jehovah's Witnesses' are Christian and follow biblical scripture in a literal sense (what other ways should there be?) and one of their beliefs is that on the Day of Judgment (Eschatology, the End Times, Old Testament doctrine) everyone who's died (right back to and beyond early man?) will be resurrected, asked if they now believe and repent, if not they die again.

Remember that Jesus of Nazareth's central teaching was the Coming (immanent) Kingdom of God. it never came, but what they did get was the Church.

Edit- obviously other religions/beliefs have different ideas.

I can't help thinking God must have a great sense of humour. He'd need one when he sees what a pig's ear we've made of the simplest, most uncomplicated  of messages, Love each other as thyself. 

Love really is the answer. If we all tried it a bit more often and helped each other regardless of creed etc, the world would be a much better place.

1 hour ago, cressida said:

A  lot of people hold back in case the other/s don't reciprocate  -  we are so complicated imo

Yes we are. And vulnerable.

We also live in a not very nice world a lot of the time, which doesn't help. 

All we can do is accept we are not perfect, try and find the good in people and do the best we can. 

In my opinion the best advice ever given about religion was provided by Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and philosopher, 121 AD to 180 AD.

He was approached by high ranking members of Roman society to ask his advice as to what religion they should follow.

There were a few to choose from at the time,  Greek Gods, Roman Gods,the  Jewish God and the recent Christian God.

His advice was "  Live a good life, that way if the God(s) are just they will not mind that you didn't devote all your time to worshipping them. If the God(s) are not just you shouldn't have been worshipping them in the first place. If there are no God(s) you will be gone, but you will live on in the memory of those that loved you."

Best advice ever in my opinion , so much so that any day now I intend to start living a good life.