The Funeral of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth ll

What a  very hard, tiring and difficult day it must have been for Prince George and Princess Charlotte  both so young saying goodbye to their beloved great grandma with millions of people watching.    They both coped with it so well and are a credit to William and Kate.

The moment that almost got me was when the Orb, Sceptre and Imperial State Crown were removed from the coffin and placed on the altar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Typo.

I meant it to say 'Queen Elizabeth ll' but it came out that way and I haven't been able to change it.

I've asked moderators / admin to change it but maybe they're not working today.

No problem :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, alandrea0 said:

No actually I don't...

Because i haven't been brainwashed by the Royalist British media and been taken in by all the misleading information.

What do you think of Dianas brother being there , paying his respects ?

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Was absolutely fine watching the coverage today, but then Kirsty Young did her final bit to camera, clearly struggling to do it, and then they showed the final montage and it set me off.  Say what you like about the BBC but they know how to do a closing montage, wonderful bit of music too.

Kirsty Young...

A few bits got me , that was one of them . Another was the final bagpiper playing a lament and walking into distance .

2 hours ago, francypants said:

What a magnificent tribute her majesty's funeral has been  ....  and well deserved too.   Thank you Ma'am.

I say well done to everybody who has taken part from the day the Queen died from the many volunteers to the splendid armed forces.

To say I am proud to be British today is an understatement.

Brilliant post :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dromedary said:

No it rules with the consent of parliament which is different.

The monarchy don't really rule anything. If the monarch had changed every decade, the country would be exactly the same.

The conservatives have been ruling since 2010, it's they who set our tax rates and decide to get the country in to severe debt.

The choral singing was sublime, especially the boy choristers who showed no sign of nerves in spite of singing solo from time to time. In front of an audience of millions that takes some courage.  

Just out of interest do choristers include choirgirls these days, or do they have to be all male?

• Like 1

OK, I admit, the funeral was magnificent.

My favourite bits were :

1 - Massed pipers at the start (how could anyone not get a tingling up their spine watching and listening to that ?)

2 - Sailors pulling the  gun carriage on which the coffin rested (what an honour, they'll be dining out on that for the rest of their lives)

3 - Canadian Royal Mounted police at the front of the whole procession (not enough shots of them though)

Of which my absolute favourite was 1.

30 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

OK, I admit, the funeral was magnificent.

My favourite bits were :

1 - Massed pipers at the start (how could anyone not get a tingling up their spine watching and listening to that ?)

2 - Sailors pulling the  gun carriage on which the coffin rested (what an honour, they'll be dining out on that for the rest of their lives)

3 - Canadian Royal Mounted police at the front of the whole procession (not enough shots of them though)

Of which my absolute favourite was 1.

It reminded me of the Hans Zimmer soundtrack for the movie Dune 2022

The pipes can be extremely powerful if used correctly