The Funeral of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth ll

Well we certainly did did her justice. Amazing occasion though I confess I was sweating for the lads every time they had to pick up or put down the coffin or negotiate steps, well done boys. I was surprised at the turn out pretty much all the way to Windsor and that security didn’t try to stop people throwing flowers. The custom built Jag looked a little disheveled by the time it reached its destination but I’m glad about that as it says as much as all the pomp did. At the end of the day there’s no one else on the planet getting a send off like that anytime soon. RIP Liz, your boy has some big shoes to fill.

• Like 3

In my opinion what we've witnessed over the past ten days and particularly today demonstrates our country at its best.

Nobody does it better and the world knows it. Makes me proud to be British.

If I have one regret, it's that an opportunity was missed by not transporting the Queen's coffin from Edinburgh to London by steam train.  What a sight that would have been and it would have given so many more folks up North a chance to pay their respects.

Now on to the Coronation.

echo.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, echo beach said:

In my opinion what we've witnessed over the past ten days and particularly today demonstrates our country at its best.

Nobody does it better and the world knows it. Makes me proud to be British.

If I have one regret, it's that an opportunity was missed by not transporting the Queen's coffin from Edinburgh to London by steam train.  What a sight that would have been and it would have given so many more folks up North a chance to pay their respects.

Now on to the Coronation.

echo.

Yeah that would have been epic. Preferably pulled by the Flying Scotsman. What a missed opportunity!

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, Anna B said:

I'm so glad Paddington got to say 'Thankyou' to her in person before she died. ☺️

I'd like to think she finally knew how much she was appreciated.

Aye - old Paddington the imaginary Peruvian bear - how is he by the way does anyone know?

I am well aware that we have been somewhat manipulated over the past 10 days; a good psychiatrist would have a field day.  But there's no doubt the event was impeccable in all respects.

The old arguments will be back again soon enough. Probably when the bill comes in. But what price do you put on all that grand publicity? 

Edited by Anna B

Guest makapaka
Just now, hackey lad said:

He’s fine . He’s been reading your posts and laughing at your poor attempts at wind ups .

He’s not real mate.