Petition To Remove Philip Schofield And Holly Willoughby From This Morning.

What is it with all this vindictiveness?

Philip Schofield and Holly Willoughby are fairly innocuous, unimportant people. Maybe they made a mistake, but do they really need to lose their careers over it? I'm not a fan and don't watch 'This morning' but honestly I can't understand all the fuss. HW in particular is being made ill over it apparently, and I don't like to see that happen to anybody. 

Don't we have better things to worry about, and worse villains to criticise?

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

Philip Schofield and Holly Willoughby are fairly innocuous, unimportant people. Maybe they made a mistake, but do they really need to lose their careers over it? I'm not a fan and don't watch 'This morning' but honestly I can't understand all the fuss. HW in particular is being made ill over it apparently, and I don't like to see that happen to anybody. 

Its probably not been helpful that only a week before all of this, they hosted a rather tasteless piece whereby you could win your energy bills paid for, ffs it was like something off Black Mirror.  They binned that off over a day and then a day later Schofield was a bit smug about why it had been changed.

Yes neither their fault (producers would have decided the prizes and their trip to the Abbey) but as far as Joe Public is concerned, its all their doing as they are the public face of the show.

10 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Hmmm... :huh:

Hilly Wallaby happens to be married to a successful TV producer...

... I'm sure she'll cope with a bit of criticism just fine! :roll:

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Its probably not been helpful that only a week before all of this, they hosted a rather tasteless piece whereby you could win your energy bills paid for, ffs it was like something off Black Mirror.  They binned that off over a day and then a day later Schofield was a bit smug about why it had been changed.

Yes neither their fault (producers would have decided the prizes and their trip to the Abbey) but as far as Joe Public is concerned, its all their doing as they are the public face of the show.

I think that says more about the viewer than it does about them.

2 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

They can probably afford it; call it a gesture of goodwill; a charity gets some money and it hopefully calms down the pitchfork brigade.

That doesnt answer my question.

Why should they be fined for something they were ordered to do?

More to the point, fined by whom?