Leicester

If these two religions can’t get on with each other living in the UK then we will have to do what happened in India when the country was divided after British rule ended in 1947, muslims can have Scotland and hindus can have Wales.  Every other religion can stay in England.  That might solve the problem.  

Seriously tho let’s hope it’s just an isolated incident.

1 minute ago, hauxwell said:

If these two religions can’t get on with each other living in the UK then we will have to do what happened in India when the country was divided after British rule ended in 1947, muslims can have Scotland and hindus can have Wales.  Every other religion can stay in England.  That might solve the problem.  

Seriously tho let’s hope it’s just an isolated incident.

My bold.

Highly unlikely but we can hope.

4 hours ago, top4718 said:

You may have seen (or not) that whilst the majority were mourning the passing the Queen the fine upstanding Pakistani Muslim and Hindu populations of Leicester were fighting running battles with each other, one side was even requesting attendance from other parts of the country to swell the numbers, police had to be drafted in from London to deal with the trouble, there seem to be a rise in Muslim attacks on Hindu's, if anyone else was involved these acts would be classed as race hate but as usual the authorities try to play these events down.

Oh give over.

It was over a cricket match and few idiots just taking it go the extreme- guy arrested today and jailed 10 months was a Hindu.

Stop putting everything on Muslims- both take blame.

Leicester is a thriving base for both faiths who have lived peaceful for over 50 yrs. So many asian businesses have helped the community- I should know as work for one company thar started in Leicester back in the 70s.

Edited by ThaBoom

6 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

Oh give over.

It was over a cricket match and few idiots just taking it go the extreme- guy arrested today and jailed 10 months was a Hindu.

Stop putting everything on Muslims- both take blame.

Leicester is a thriving base for both faiths who have lived peaceful for over 50 yrs. So many asian businesses have helped the community- I should know as work for one company thar started in Leicester back in the 70s.

Now now, introducing commonsense and pragmatism into the thread isn't what we need here. Who's side are you on? What draconian law should we introduce without parliamentary approval, and can we get Rwanda to do a two for the price of one deal. That's what we're looking for,  whatever you do don't mention the football hooliganism that we've been plagued with for years. Those lads are mainly white so it doesn't count.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Now now, introducing commonsense and pragmatism into the thread isn't what we need here. Who's side are you on? What draconian law should we introduce without parliamentary approval, and can we get Rwanda to do a two for the price of one deal. That's what we're looking for,  whatever you do don't mention the football hooliganism that we've been plagued with for years. Those lads are mainly white so it doesn't count.

And football fans and football hooligans are not universally described as Protestant,Catholic or whatever.

Why is a religion used to describe a racial origin.

Some of them probably go to the mosque or temple as frequently as I go to church.

The “all Muslims are bad” mantra is the cause of much social division and unjustifiably so.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

If these two religions can’t get on with each other living in the UK then we will have to do what happened in India when the country was divided after British rule ended in 1947, muslims can have Scotland and hindus can have Wales.

I looked yesterday and it said that there had been two people arrested.

Is the media overreacting to this? I recall someone posting about a riot that got little media attention.

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

And football fans and football hooligans are not universally described as Protestant,Catholic or whatever.

Why is a religion used to describe a racial origin.

Some of them probably go to the mosque or temple as frequently as I go to church.

The “all Muslims are bad” mantra is the cause of much social division and unjustifiably so.

Tbf Pakistani muslim grooming gangs haven't done much for social cohesion either.