Leicester

I do know that on the continent of Asia itself there have been historic feuds between Pakistanis and Muslims, some of it relating to the partition of India and the conflict regarding Kashmir. 

Why this should inflame tensions between the 2 communities thousands of miles away, is anyone's guess. However, some people who are angry use the tensions as a peg to hang their aggression on, would be my guess.

7 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Youre wrong

I think they made a lot of effort to be friends with underage working class white girls

In poor taste.

5 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Incidents like this highlight that it isn't just whites that are racist,  and that there are indeed tensions between the various minority communities, but this tends to get swept under the carpet.

It doesn't get swept under the carpet. I remember that the 2005 riots in Birmingham were reported on extensively.

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

I looked yesterday and it said that there had been two people arrested.

Is the media overreacting to this? I recall someone posting about a riot that got little media attention.

I did hear something on the news the other day about rioting in Leicester but I didn’t know the full story of the cause of the unrest.  I know more about what has happened after reading top4718’s post. 

8 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

True, but I'm not just talking about the significant flare ups, I'm talking about the day-to-day racism that there is between people and communities. 

In the United States the increase in out and out racism that Asian people, especially those that own/run shops and businesses, experience from black people in particular, is out of this world. 

Same as a lot of stories - some are considered newsworthy, others aren't. Perhaps 'news values' are worthy of mention:

News Values in Journalism- Journalism News Values Definition & Example (newsmoor.com)

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Tbf Pakistani muslim grooming gangs haven't done much for social cohesion either.

They certainly haven’t.

It’s the linkage between an ethnic group and a world religion (as you have done) that does nothing for social cohesion either.

Try checking out the worldwide spread of the Muslim religion.Pakistan is not even the largest Muslim country.

How many of these criminal gangs are practising Muslims?

Would you refer to criminal white ethnic groups as Christians?

5 minutes ago, RJRB said:

They certainly haven’t.

It’s the linkage between an ethnic group and a world religion (as you have done) that does nothing for social cohesion either.

Snipped

I'm mearly using the same words mainstream media use on the rare occasion they mention it.

They are not my words.

However, they are accurate.

6 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Snipped 

Would you refer to criminal white ethnic groups as Christians?

Yes, if they were Christians. 

Just as I always mention religion when talking about Catholic priests noncing kids.

What's your point?

I get the feeling you are suggesting I have some anti Muslim bias?

30 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I'm mearly using the same words mainstream media use on the rare occasion they mention it.

They are not my words.

However, they are accurate.

Yes, if they were Christians. 

Just as I always mention religion when talking about Catholic priests noncing kids.

What's your point?

I get the feeling you are suggesting I have some anti Muslim bias?

I think that you confuse a world religion with a particular ethnicity.

I don’t know your motivation for doing this but merely repeating a source without question shows a lack of judgement on your part.