Putin Threatens The West

5 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

If you dare wonder about America's or the UK's role in adding to the conflict,
it means that you absolve Putin of any wrongdoing, and you're pro-Putin. 🙄

When it's obvious that any sane person disagrees with Putin's barbaric invasion.

My bold. Tbf when you have the media and politicians pushing a narrative that keeps hammering the point that Russia = Bad and Ukraine = Good, you'll get this kind of one sided view. That's how propaganda works I suppose.  I've stated multiple times I don't support Putin etc but that gets lost in the rush to brand me a Pro Russian stooge because I say there are  two sides to every story. 

So again, for clarity I do NOT support Putin, 

I agree that Ukraine shouldn't have US Bio labs or nazis in its ranks but I don't agree with the way its being done. I don't agree with war FULL STOP.

For transparency, I have just removed a post whereby I was personally attacked, and the poster is banned for 3 days. If they would like to return after that, it is up to them. 

In case it's not clear - I am not here to voice my own opinions but to keep the peace between posters, allow debate and hopefully interesting conversations. I'm not here however to have abuse aimed at me.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, top4718 said:

The current mods are great, stay in the background until they are really needed then step in. The previous ones were far too over zealous and cancelled anything even slightly controversial which totally stifled any debate.

I'll be honest,  I've not always agreed with super light touch moderation but Beca has displayed probably the best and most even handed moderation I've seen on any forum. 

My hat off to you for that  Beca🙏

Edited by The_DADDY
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, croat77 said:

There is difference between having the opinion and to support ideology that is responsible for mass murder, rape and deportation of Ukrainian people. But, now I will leave you and that pootin supporting inbreed to enjoy your forum. If moderator is supporting something like that, that is no place to be. 

As someone who has been accused by you, and others, as a "Putin supporter" (and worse) let me put you straight.

No one doubts that "Evil, Totalitarian, War Criminals (and what ever else you want to call the enemies of Western Democracy), are a serious threat to Western Values. Putin is no exception.

But the reality is, they are with us, and have been for centuries. Facists, Communists and Militant Islamists.

What I have been discussing are the strategic and physical  ways of dealing with them, criticising failed and failing, counterproductive policies of the current crop of politicians,  and suggesting alternatives.

One such counterproductive policy is directly financing Putun's War Machine, by buying his Fossil Fuel Oil and Gas, $59,000,000,000.00 (and counting) since the war started, while at the same time arming (with limits) the brave Ukrainians who are Putin's only battleground resistance.

I have repeatedly suggested ways to end the war, and stop the killing, but is seeems the U.S. and Europeans are happy to let this deadly fiasco go on, "for years", they say.

We, who share this planet with you, also have a right to argue for our safety, and the future of our children, and criticise those who are failing us.

Edited by trastrick
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold. Tbf when you have the media and politicians pushing a narrative that keeps hammering the point that Russia = Bad and Ukraine = Good, you'll get this kind of one sided view. That's how propaganda works I suppose.  I've stated multiple times I don't support Putin etc but that gets lost in the rush to brand me a Pro Russian stooge because I say there are  two sides to every story. 

So again, for clarity I do NOT support Putin, 

I agree that Ukraine shouldn't have US Bio labs or nazis in its ranks but I don't agree with the way its being done. I don't agree with war FULL STOP.

Dude, you have literally just mentioned propaganda then spouted Putins bio lab propaganda.

On 22/09/2022 at 08:31, West 77 said:

You haven't laid the blame on the EU.  The expansion eastwards to the borders with Russia can arguable be blamed for not making Russia happy as well as NATO expanding eastwards.  

There will not be a lot of body bags being returned to Russia because if a dead soldier is returned the government has to pay the family compensation.

I wonder what the result will be of the door to door balloting of the Ukraine people in Donbas will be. I would say between 95% to 98%. Who dare say no.

Edited by Kidorry

1 hour ago, HumbleNarrator said:

If Putin wanted to go nuclear I think his generals would defy him - they are not stupid, this Ukraine escapade isn't worth mother Russia getting vaporized by NATO nukes.

That’s what I thought when Putin threatened to use nuclear weapons earlier this year. 
I just wish the  generals would get rid of Putin.

2 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

That’s what I thought when Putin threatened to use nuclear weapons earlier this year. 
I just wish the  generals would get rid of Putin.

I can't see that happening.  Regardless of the stories spread by western media Putin has a very firm grip on Russia. His generals simply wouldn't go against him. It's a western fantasy to think otherwise.