Putin Threatens The West

10 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I can't see that happening.  Regardless of the stories spread by western media Putin has a very firm grip on Russia. His generals simply wouldn't go against him. It's a western fantasy to think otherwise. 

Your right about him having a firm grip on Russia.  I’m sure I heard  something on the news that if anyone in Russia is caught protesting against the Ukraine invasion they will be sent to prison for 15 years.  

Well they say history repeats itself but this is a bizarre twist . Apparently Putin has taken personal control of the war and refused to allow his generals to withdraw from Kherson to save men and equipment. This is exactly what Hitler did in Stalingrad and lost an entire army as a result. Latest reports reckon he’s having some chill time in his favourite luxury dacha (Eagles Nest?)We certainly do live in interesting times but I for one would be happy if they were a lot less bloody interesting.

4 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Your right about him having a firm grip on Russia.  I’m sure I heard  something on the news that if anyone in Russia is caught protesting against the Ukraine invasion they will be sent to prison for 15 years.  

Hmmm, more western media spin I'm afraid. Most Russians won't protest because they support putin and his intervention not because they fear arrest and imprisonment. 

1 hour ago, Kidorry said:

I wonder what the result will be of the door to door balloting of the Ukraine people in Donbas will be. I would say between 95% to 98%. Who dare say no.

They're taking details before handing out food, water and essential supplies...

...so unless you have another way to survive, you probably can't.

If you do it'll go missing, you get a kicking and then starve.

10 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Hmmm, more western media spin I'm afraid.

So those protests, and arrests, haven't happened? :roll:

Edited by Magilla

14 minutes ago, Magilla said:

So those protests, and arrests, haven't happened? :roll:

No, a few have but they are being inflated by the media.  Also, some of the "Russian protests" turned out to be in Ukraine but the western media told a few fibs and said it was in Russia 🤣

Anyhow. Let's say protest are taking place in every Russian city and in every Russian street it wouldn't matter. Putin has too tight of a hold on power so it won't make s jot of difference. 

Edited by The_DADDY

On 25/09/2022 at 03:21, Kidorry said:

I have a friend who has just returned from Moscow and she said that you dare not even talk to anyone about spewtin being wrong about the war for fear of them reporting you. What a dump.

It's common practice for a country at war to limit the domestic anti-war voices.

During WW2

British and commonwealth anti-war sentiment

WIKI

"Throughout the British Empire pacifists were jailed for expressing antiwar sentiment.[8] Also Oswald Mosley and his British Union of Fascists were opposed to war, believing that another world war against Germany was not in Britain's national interest and that Britons should "fight for Britain alone".[9] Editorials and cartoons in Action often asserted that the British Empire needed to prepare for a defensive war against Japan and that war with Germany would put Britain's interests in Asia in jeopardy. Mosley devoted all of the party's efforts to the "Peace Campaign", calling for a referendum on the continuation of the war and advocating a negotiated peace treaty with Germany.

The campaign ended after Mosley and many other senior BUF members were interned under Defence Regulation 18B in May 1940.[10] "

If the anti-war sentiment in Russia was really widespread, you wouldn't be in danger from your neighbors "reporting you".