Putin Threatens The West

Other, more detailed reports allege that Ms Yankina was cleaning the said window at the time.

Because a head of financial department at a Russian ministry of state cleans windows.

The outside of windows, obviously.

In the middle of winter.

😏

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, L00b said:

In the middle of winter.

Speaking of winter...

Putin is staring at defeat in his gas war with Europe:

https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-energy-gas-supply-russia-putin-winter/

"There's more bad news for Vladimir Putin. Europe is on course to get through winter with its vital gas storage facilities more than half full"

On 13/02/2023 at 09:23, Magilla said:

Not true, they love Jared:

https://www.businessinsider.com/kushners-2-billion-investment-saudi-backed-fund-concealed-sec-rules-2023-2

Apparently, "in his pocket"! :roll:

So much for your claims of "full disclosure" from your public servants.

How does this form an answer to Trastrick's  post and whatever are you on about?

This does not address the point that Trastrick was making

Trastrick was saying that we are told that the world supports our involvement in the Ukraine war and yet the majority of the world does not support it and mentions many of them.

I, personally am happy to support Ukraine against Putin but I do agree with him that our government should not lie about the realities of the situation.

What I find strange, is our governments willingness to carry on trading with countries who's loyalties lie with the "other side" and even governments who can be viewed as potential enemies.

12 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

How does this form an answer to Trastrick's  post and whatever are you on about?

It highlights that some of those nations do have some love for "DAVOS self styled elite cronies"!

Trastrick was saying that we are told that the world supports our involvement in the Ukraine war and yet the majority of the world does not support it and mentions many of them.

Where are we told that, and who's saying it?

The West... maybe, but the World... I certainly don't recall anyone making that claim (except Trastrick).

Edited by Magilla

Just now, Magilla said:

Where we we told that?

I certainly don't recall anyone ever making that claim.

Both Johnson & Sunak,  in BBC news broadcasts at various times have said that,  I am surprised if you haven't seen them.

I still support Ukraine but,  most of the the largest countries with the largest populations don't.

It does come as a shock to many that we are not universally loved throughout the world as they think we are.

Probably mainly due to our own failings and tendency to ride rough shod over others and also, levels of corruption in the west.

Just now, Organgrinder said:

Both Johnson & Sunak,  in BBC news broadcasts at various times have said that,  I am surprised if you haven't seen them.

Have  they? Are you sure?

All I heard was "The UK and it's allies", some did say that the "world needs to unite", they never claimed it had.

I still support Ukraine but,  most of the the largest countries with the largest populations don't.

They may not tacitly, but they do in some respects simply by virtue of economics and US sanctions.

Ironically, this does highlight precisely where an "America First" agenda falls flat, and fails spectacularly.

It does come as a shock to many that we are not universally loved throughout the world as they think we are.

I don't recall anyone ever making that claim either.

3 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Have  they? Are you sure?

All I heard was "The UK and it's allies", some did say that the "world needs to unite", they never claimed it had.

They may not tacitly, but they do in some respects simply by virtue of economics and US sanctions.

Ironically, this does highlight precisely where an "America First" agenda falls flat, and fails spectacularly.

I don't recall anyone ever making that claim either.

It appears that you seem to miss a lot of what is said but obviously, I don't know how you engage with news and current affairs programs.

I do agree with your 4th line (in bold)

Last line - It isn't a "claim that anyone makes" but a view that is generally accepted and, if you go back to your schooldays, we were taught.

30 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Probably mainly due to our own failings and tendency to ride rough shod over others and also, levels of corruption in the west.

I’ll not digress about your ‘rough shod’ point, the west (mostly at the US initiative) has certainly embarked on too many adventures.

But where corruption is concerned, ‘the West’ really has no lessons to give to ‘the rest of the world’, and in particular the Middle East, Asia and Africa.

Aside from Russia, where do you think the money used to corrupt ‘the West’ comes from? 😉

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

It appears that you seem to miss a lot of what is said

...or it wasn't said at all! :roll:

I do agree with your 4th line (in bold)

Indeed, it's a failed policy that just leaves other nations to fill the void and gain influence.

Last line - It isn't a "claim that anyone makes" but a view that is generally accepted and, if you go back to your schooldays, we were taught.

Is it a view that's generally accepted? By who?

Given the UK's colonial past, it seems that would be highly unlikely.

Again, have never heard anyone ever make that claim. Certainly I have never been taught that, at school or anywhere else.

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

...or it wasn't said at all! :roll:

Indeed, it's a failed policy that just leaves other nations to fill the void and gain influence.

Is it a view that's generally accepted? By who?

Given the UK's colonial past, it seems that would be highly unlikely.

Again, have never heard anyone ever make that claim. Certainly I have never been taught that, at school or anywhere else.

If you are calling me a liar, don't answer my posts.