Putin Threatens The West

If Putin/the American Military have their way, it WILL lead to WWIII.

Expect letters in the post from the MOD asking you to go and fight, like Dad and my Brother got in 1991 for the first Gulf War! I remember the wording on the letters, "World War 3, sponsored by Mars Bars", you what?!

• Confused 1

Guest makapaka
15 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Can you give any example where one force has invited the opposing side to take part in discussions about how to they intend to stop their advances?

Are we at war with Russia? Is the US? Is China?

Is Russia advancing on our/those nations? 

get a grip. 

Edited by makapaka

31 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Get a grip.

Can you give any example where one force has invited the opposing side to take part in discussions about how to they intend to stop their advances?

What people are saying is,   if a 7 stone weakling is faced by a 17 stone hard guy,   he would be very wise not to keep shooting his mouth off,  like Sunak does.

Let America do that instead, only they have got a bit more sense than to keep shouting the odds.

Sunak learnt his politics from gobby Boris,  who mistakenly thought he was Winston Churchill.    I would guess that  Sunak's never even had a fight in the school playground.

As The Daddy says,  It won't be Sunak's family who have to fight the war that he sounds desperate for.

Edited by Organgrinder
left a letter out

22 minutes ago, XPertByExperien said:

Expect letters in the post from the MOD asking you to go and fight, like Dad and my Brother got in 1991 for the first Gulf War! I remember the wording on the letters, "World War 3, sponsored by Mars Bars", you what?!

Bull. I was 21 at the time of the gulf war, and never received anything of the sort. Neither did any other member of my family, even the ones who had served in the armed forces. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, slh73 said:

Bull. I was 21 at the time of the gulf war, and never received anything of the sort. Neither did any other member of my family, even the ones who had served in the armed forces. 

There was a spoof 'draft' letter doing the rounds back then. My brother was in the Airforce based at Finningley,  he got one. Iirc the letter asked you to supply your own tackle, including a tank if you had your own. It also told everyone to be alert because apparently the UK was running out of Lerts 🙄🤣

The system used to be that you signed on in the forces for 22 years and committed for 6 or 9 years colour service.

After that you could sign on again for colour service.

After that you were on the reserve until 22 years were up. There were different types of reserve service as you got older.

One received booklets at regular periods stating your reporting centre etc if you were recalled to colour service.

1 hour ago, XPertByExperien said:

Ne need for all that!

According to MSM "narrative" Ukraine has been winning this war since it started, Putin and Russia are demoralized, and have run out of weapons! And anyway Putin's day are numbered, there's coup that is about to overthrow him!

Look on the bright side!

(But just hope they're right!)  :)

Edited by trastrick

2 hours ago, makapaka said:

Are we at war with Russia? Is the US? Is China?

Is Russia advancing on our/those nations? 

No, but they are involved in a coordinated effort to stymie Russian aggression.

Russia isn't interested in any talks that aren't "give us what we want" anyway.

2 hours ago, makapaka said:

get a grip. 

Does that mean I have to start crapping my pants about a nuclear war that's not going to happen? :roll:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

What people are saying is,   if a 7 stone weakling is faced by a 17 stone hard guy,   he would be very wise not to keep shooting his mouth off,  like Sunak does.

Turns out that 17 stone hard guy, isn't as hard as first imagined... flabby, overweight and incompetent.

Regardless, as opposed to what? Letting the weakling get pasted?

What's the point of not saying what you intend to do?

Let America do that instead, only they have got a bit more sense than to keep shouting the odds.

They are doing.

US has formally determined Russia has committed crimes against humanity in Ukraine:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3864453-harris-us-has-formally-determined-russia-has-committed-crimes-against-humanity-in-ukraine/

Sunak learnt his politics from gobby Boris,  who mistakenly thought he was Winston Churchill.    I would guess that  Sunak's never even had a fight in the school playground.

No doubt. Am not sure, in this instance, his actions are any different to what Churchill would have advocated though.

As The Daddy says,  It won't be Sunak's family who have to fight the war that he sounds desperate for.

That sounds a lot like saying everyone should always allow that 17 bully to do whatever they want.

He won't be stopping at Ukraine... the next ports of call are NATO members, so there is no guarantee they won't be (or their grand-kids if not addressed now)... regardless.

Edited by Magilla
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Turns out that 17 stone hard guy, isn't as hard as first imagined... flabby, overweight and incompetent.

Regardless, as opposed to what? Letting the weakling get pasted?

What's the point of not saying what you intend to do?

They are doing.

US has formally determined Russia has committed crimes against humanity in Ukraine:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3864453-harris-us-has-formally-determined-russia-has-committed-crimes-against-humanity-in-ukraine/

No doubt. Am not sure, in this instance, his actions are any different to what Churchill would have advocated though.

That sounds a lot like saying everyone should always allow that 17 bully to do whatever they want.

He won't be stopping at Ukraine  should he achieve a victory.

I'm afraid that you are missing the point   Have you seen what that flabby, overweight and incompetent Russia has done to Ukraine and the death and suffering inflicted?

We are a member of a allied alliance and, as such, we can take a certain amount of risks with a country like Russia

On our own, we are the 7 stone weakling.  I hope that you don't seriously think that we could match Russia's strength without our allies backing.

Russia, if fighting only the UK could flatten us in no time at all.  We have only a fraction of the army we once had, due to cuts and we would be outnumbered both in men and military equipment.

No one I know advocates letting Putin do as he pleases but we do it as a team and we should speak as a team.  Sunak gets carried away with his own importance.

Churchill did have the advantage of having been to war and,   had distinguished himself there and , had some idea of what he was talking about.

You may regard it as a "my dad's bigger than yours game" but the threat  for all mankind is enormous and should not be taken lightly.

Those who take it so lightly should be the first to sign up and be willing to get on the front line.

Edited by Organgrinder