Putin Threatens The West

Guest makapaka
52 minutes ago, L00b said:

That’s just a speculative article.

the whole argument about further invasion is akin to the soldier who shoots a man half and hour before the curfew starts because he thinks he’ll never make it home in time.

16 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

We should all speak up but, TOGETHER.   We can't speak alone because only America has the power to tackle the Russians alone.

Have they?

I am not so sure... given what we know now about the effectiveness of the Russian army I wouldn't be surprised if Finland alone couldn't give them a run for their money.

Aren't allies supposed to support allies?

Yes they are but, do you remember the date World War 2 started, and the date when America joined us

If Japan had not attacked Pearl Harbour, they may not have joined in at all

How is this in any way relevant other than saying it was a mistake not to get involved earlier?

If the UK's allies hadn't stepped up, as you suggest now... would there be a UK now?

But, they do make sure that Russia knows that the west is still united.

As does the various nations of any alliance speaking out.

So do I but, we are in a more perilous position now and Churchill would have been too sensible to  talk like cocky Sunak is talking.

We're in a more perilous state now, than almost the whole of Europe occupied, most major UK cities bombed and literally hundreds of thousands of German soldiers on the French coast?

There are all these nations on our side and we are the only ones who keep warning Putin.  That's mad.

We aren't the only nation.

Today, we have Macron doing his bit.

Polands Duda last week... and also highlighting he believes Russia wont' be stopping at Ukraine.

And what's that?

The same as last time this threat was made, and the time before that, and the time before that, and the time before that...

To listen to you it's all a piece of cake and not at all about more or less ending all life on earth.

I have never said it's a piece of cake, it's obviously not more or less about 'ending all life on earth', beyond hyperbole.

Putin has spent his entire career building his legacy... so I have to wonder if he's prepared to throw it all away.

Putin can't launch nukes without ensuring he will suffer the same fate... along with his family.

Is there anything about Putin that makes you think he's suicidal, and wants to take his kids and grandkids with him?

What about everyone around him, do they want the same?

Edited by Magilla

Guest makapaka
Just now, Magilla said:

So speculative that, as I'm typing this, the Sunday Show is highlighting Polands President made the same claim in a speech he gave 4 days ago.

Well that’s conclusive then. If the polish president says it.

3 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Well that’s conclusive then. If the polish president says it.

Something tells me he's better informed than you, and he's not the only person saying it.

Can you conclusively say it won't?

Edited by Magilla

Guest makapaka
3 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Something tells me he's better informed than you.

Can you conclusively say it won't?

No I can’t - but that doesn’t mean it should be assumed to be true as a consequence.

see the curfew analogy above.

22 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Today, we have Macron doing his bit.

If you compare macrons statement to our PMs it’s night and day in tone by the way. Part of the reason for my earlier point on sunak 

23 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Putin can't launch nukes without ensuring he will suffer the same fate... along with his family.

Is there anything about Putin that makes you think he's suicidal, and wants to take his kids and grandkids with him?

He literally said there is no world without Russia. 

13 minutes ago, makapaka said:

No I can’t - but that doesn’t mean it should be assumed to be true as a consequence.

Maybe you should apply that notion to your "lava island in the North Sea" claim.

Which one is more credible?

see the curfew analogy above.

A bad analogy, since it does not take into account that by shooting... the soldier dooms themselves, his wife, kids, wider family and all his friends at home.

If you were that soldier, and really understood the consequences... would you shoot?

Edited by Magilla
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, makapaka said:

If you compare macrons statement to our PMs it’s night and day in tone by the way. Part of the reason for my earlier point on sunak 

Feel free to vote for someone else at the next election.

He literally said there is no world without Russia. 

No-one is talking about attacking Russia.

Putin isn't Russia.

Edited by Magilla

58 minutes ago, Magilla said:

I am not so sure... given what we know now about the effectiveness of the Russian army I wouldn't be surprised if Finland alone couldn't give them a run for their money.

That sentence alone tells me that you are so detached from reality, that there is no point my continuing this debate,  with you, at any rate.

Enjoy the dream world you live in.

I have to admit that,   If the big bangs do start,   you will never even know that you were wrong.