Putin Threatens The West

5 minutes ago, trastrick said:

I'm the only standard bearer for the conservative (as in classic conservative - no Tory me).

As Trump cheerleader, any claim to be a "classic conservative" is so far removed from reality it's just plain ridiculous! :hihi:

Who're you trying to convince... yourself? ;)

• Like 2

On 21/02/2023 at 14:44, cuttsie said:

Day by day hour by hour the  threat gets more dangerous 

Looks like the U.S. is backing down.

No F -16 Jets for Zelensky, says Biden.

And today his National Security Adviser comes out with this:

“We’re going to have to ultimately get to a diplomatic phase of this conflict,” Sullivan said. “Our goal is to strengthen the hand of the Ukrainians on the battlefield so that they are in the strongest position with the most leverage when they get to the negotiating table.”

Which I told everybody here, months ago!

I should sue them for plagiarism :)

That was dismissed, by our resident armchair warmongers as "rubbish".

Is it still "rubbish", when Biden, finally figures it out?

Lol

12 minutes ago, trastrick said:

“We’re going to have to ultimately get to a diplomatic phase of this conflict,” Sullivan said. “Our goal is to strengthen the hand of the Ukrainians on the battlefield so that they are in the strongest position with the most leverage when they get to the negotiating table.”

Lol

Probably because China are having a say in the situation.

38 minutes ago, trastrick said:

So has everyone... since Ukraine aren't going to take over Russia it was always going to be the case. :loopy:

However, there's your "just give Putin what he wants" peace plan, then there's the one that doesn't give Putin a complete win... from everyone else.

:loopy:

Nope... again, just more stuff you made up to have anything to say at all.

No-one of any standing, well... apart from Tucker Carlson, was suggesting trying to negotiate from a position of weakness.

The West has a real problem with their Global Liberal World Order they want for the whole World.

With Russia and China, Middle East not buying it and most of the rest of the World sitting on their hands, we should pick our fights carefully!

And take another crack at geopolitical “understandings”, coexistence, trade, cultural exchanges that kept the World at relative peace for the 70 years of detente and the 4 years of Trump.

Gives the people under the thumb of the Totslitarians, a chance to see the prosperity that freedom can bring!

Isolate them, and there’s no chance!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, trastrick said:

The West has a real problem with their Global Liberal World Order they want for the whole World.

With Russia and China, Middle East not buying it and most of the rest of the World sitting on their hands, we should pick our fights carefully!

And take another crack at geopolitical “understandings”, coexistence, trade, cultural exchanges that kept the World at relative peace for the 70 years of detente and the 4 years of Trump.

Gives the people under the thumb of the Totslitarians, a chance to see the prosperity that freedom can bring!

Isolate them, and there’s no chance!

That is exactly what happened with the former Soviet republics who chose to align themselves with the West. Now Putin has invaded another former Soviet republic heading the same way and wants to reabsorb those that have already left back into the Russian sphere of influence.

I think the Bear would be happy with the old “understanding” of spheres of influence, like the old days.

The prospect of the U.S. (and German) and NATO nukes on his border, a U.S. President calling for his overthrow in the New Liberal World Order, doesn’t thrill him!

So the Bears do what Bears do.  They don’t trust Western “values” 😀

Who wudda think it?