Putin Threatens The West

28 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Russian ex pat watching the latest propaganda video by Alex Jones and Vladimir Solovyov

nothing surprising really, just the usual conspiracy theories and pure propaganda

Vladimir Solovyov

Thank God we live in a country where propaganda isn't used by our government. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Better with all your Walter Mitty rubbish  out of the way..

It's about referring to other people as armchair warriors when  that is exactly the description which fits you.

A little man with a big mouth who has never been a warrior in his life.

Who idolises Trump  ( another armchair warrior like you ),  and cant wait for him to take power and surrender to Putin.

Idolize Trump?  :)

I do support his domestic and foreign policies, and hope he can stay out of jail, long enough to win the next election.

To me politicians are only one step above anonymous Walter Mitty milquetoasts, like you, who talk big, but are afraid own up to their own words. They are the ones used to deface the newly whitewashed public toilets in Sheffield, before the Internet, :)

You still haven't told us how you square your claim to be a "Pacifist" with your advocacy of getting in the trenches. :)

Edited by trastrick

3 hours ago, trastrick said:

I do support his domestic and foreign policies, and hope he can stay out of jail, long enough to win the next election.

To me politicians are only one step above anonymous Walter Mitty milquetoasts, like you, who talk big, but are afraid own up to their own words. They are the ones used to deface the newly whitewashed public toilets in Sheffield, before the Internet, :)

You still haven't told us how you square your claim to be a "Pacifist" with your advocacy of getting in the trenches. :)

Still carrying your own choice to post under your own name as some sort of badge of honour 😁

The vast majority don’t as local residents posting on a local forum for very obvious reasons that seem to escape you,whether that be OG,me,Tops or The Daddy..

19 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Still carrying your own choice to post under your own name as some sort of badge of honour 😁

The vast majority don’t as local residents posting on a local forum for very obvious reasons that seem to escape you,whether that be OG,me,Tops or The Daddy..

Whether you agree with Trastrick or not , I agree that people should not hide behind daft monikers and  then proceed to humiliate and slander other users . Put up or shut up .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Whether you agree with Trastrick or not , I agree that people should not hide behind daft monikers and  then proceed to humiliate and slander other users . Put up or shut up .

Whether we agree with anyone at all makes no difference.   this is not a NAZI forum,   and we are all free to make our own choices,  on user names or anything else.

Dishing orders out will not make anyone do anything.

Edited by Organgrinder

5 hours ago, trastrick said:

I have told you numerous times that by "pacifist",  I mean that I would not attack another nation unless they attacked us or our allies.

The Iraq war could not have happened and our conquest in Afghanistan could not have happened under my policy.

If we were attacked by another nation,  we then have the right to defend ourselves with any means at our disposal.

You may see a pacifist policy as a "surrender" policy but I most certainly do not.  despite my preferring not to kill anyone at all.

Just realise that,  choices are sometimes made for you. whether you like it or not   -   as Ukraine discovered.

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

I have told you numerous times that by "pacifist",  I mean that I would not attack another nation unless they attacked us or our allies.

The Iraq war could not have happened and our conquest in Afghanistan could not have happened under my policy.

If we were attacked by another nation,  we then have the right to defend ourselves with any means at our disposal.

You may see a pacifist policy as a "surrender" policy but I most certainly do not.  despite my preferring not to kill anyone at all.

Just realise that,  choices are sometimes made for you. whether you like it or not   -   as Ukraine discovered.

I wonder if our military involvement over the last decade in Middle East countries has changed anything .

3 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Two points there.

People should not use their posts to humiliate and slander.

There are perfectly valid reasons not to advertise personal details because it might impact on your work,family, etc.

Its obvious that some posters voice opinions on here that they would not air in other settings.

Edited by RJRB