Putin Threatens The West

There's lot going on this week to satisfy fans of sports and politics.

Euro Championship soccer qualifiers.

Stanley Cup Final (Hockey, my favorite)

And Biden vs Trump Debate.

It's on CNN, so there's sure to be some controversy about the setup, and the outcome?

Any thoughts on the debate? 

14 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Say what you will about Farage but he's not wrong on this. 

America/NATO started this. Thankfully more people are beginning to realise that fact. 

You are exactly right.  That was my first thought the moment that they announced it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

There's lot going on this week to satisfy fans of sports and politics.

Euro Championship soccer qualifiers.

Stanley Cup Final (Hockey, my favorite)

And Biden vs Trump Debate.

It's on CNN, so there's sure to be some controversy about the setup, and the outcome?

Any thoughts on the debate? 

My bold

I think Biden is well out of his depth and Cnn are going to do everything they can to help him. 

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

I think Biden is well out of his depth and Cnn are going to do everything they can to help him. 

Indeed.

Folks complain about GB news being biased, well they have got nothing on CNN.

It's just a platform for democrats, left wing narrative and their childish antics towards Trump.

19 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

Just to note that there have been several reports for posts in this thread, that haven't been moderated.

🙄

Apologies for mentioning "he who must not be discussed" in my above post!

I posted before I was aware the Forum had purged the Trump and Biden threads. It

wasn't a cheap attempt to circumvent the policy.

I do think it's rather odd, that these long running threads were axed at precisely the time, when the Great Debate between the  two protagonists, were about to settle some of the passionate arguments from both sides. No doubt some will find it very convenient! 😀

I respect the rules, and thanks for allowing me the privilege of sharing my memories and opinions these last 15 years or so.

I wish the Forum well, but in today's Western culture, I realize you have to conform to the conventional wisdom to be accepted. No place for a free thinker like me.

May you all get (and survive) the government you deserve.

I will raise a cold one to you all, in my favorite cantina on the beach, with enlightened folks who don't have to be separated by cops, at their local sporting events, and can leave a car parked on the street overnight without it being vandalized!

Oh. and a mention to dear Cuttsie, I may be in Sheffield again this fall and still have his coordinates!

Adios, amigos!

50 minutes ago, trastrick said:

I posted before I was aware the Forum had purged the Trump and Biden threads. It

I do think it's rather odd, that these long running threads were axed at precisely the time, when the Great Debate between the  two protagonists, were about to settle some of the passionate arguments from both sides. No doubt some will find it very convenient! 😀

I respect the rules, and thanks for allowing me the privilege of sharing my memories and opinions these last 15 years or so.

I wish the Forum well, but in today's Western culture, I realize you have to conform to the conventional wisdom to be accepted. No place for a free thinker like me.

I will raise a cold one to you all, in my favorite cantina on the beach, with enlightened folks who don't have to be separated by cops, at their local sporting events, and can leave a car parked on the street overnight without it being vandalized!

Oh. and a mention to dear Cuttsie, I may be in Sheffield again this fall and still have his coordinates!

Adios, amigos!

Who is 'he who must not be discussed'?!

No political threads have been purged or axed (except for the individual UK party threads that were the same discussions with the same people saying the same things - hence the discussion was moved to a singular General Election thread)?! And there's no policy, other than the guidelines and terms. I don't get what you mean?!

Trump thread is here: 

Biden thread is here:

🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Indeed.

It's just a platform for democrats, left wing narrative and their childish antics towards Trump.

Absolutely spot on 👌

6 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Indeed.

Don’t know much about CNN, any chance you could provide some links like you do to The Guardian? 

6 hours ago, trastrick said:

Adios, amigos!

May have to be Frog and Parrot this year , no Stoooonses  int Norfolk ,  Look after that sweeping brush ,

16 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

Who is 'he who must not be discussed'?!

No political threads have been purged or axed (except for the individual UK party threads that were the same discussions with the same people saying the same things - hence the discussion was moved to a singular General Election thread)?! And there's no policy, other than the guidelines and terms. I don't get what you mean?!

Trump thread is here: 

Biden thread is here:

🤷‍♂️

My mistake!

Thanks for that! I can see it now! Plain as day! Not sure what happened but I was in the middle of syncing my my new phone, PC, laptop and new phone, with Google,and Icloud. Even  a search returned an error message.

At the same time I saw your post about complaints about Russian propaganda being posted, and assumed you'd gone the same way as some other forums/blogs I've been a contributor to.

Anyway, thanks for not bowing to the pressure from the usual subjects who can't tolerate other opinions on the major world events of the day.

As for the Duke of Norfolk, Cuttsie, If I'm ever in Sheffield, I'll always drop in and spend a half hour or so soaking up the atmosphere and hearing the old accents. And besides, I'm a  Guinness fan too. (now I can afford it!)

• Like 2