Putin Threatens The West

Not sure how much truth there is in this link but it wouldn’t surprise me if some Russians are trying to leave the country.  The people of Russia must have an idea that Putin’s invasion of Ukraine isn’t going to plane especially now he is going to call up more troops.  

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/one-way-flights-out-of-russia-sell-out-as-vladimir-putin-calls-for-300000-reservists-to-send-to-ukraine-104239482.html 

20 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Not sure how much truth there is in this link but it wouldn’t surprise me if some Russians are trying to leave the country.  The people of Russia must have an idea that Putin’s invasion of Ukraine isn’t going to plane especially now he is going to call up more troops.  

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/one-way-flights-out-of-russia-sell-out-as-vladimir-putin-calls-for-300000-reservists-to-send-to-ukraine-104239482.html 

People have been leaving Russia since the invasion started to avoid being called up so it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

Only a few days ago their justification for recruiting prisoners was 'if we don't sent prisoners we'll have to send your sons'. That didn't last long. The prisoners are offered their sentences ending in return for 6 months in the Wagner mercenary group. They are getting only 5 days training before being sent to the front line.

33 minutes ago, altus said:

People have been leaving Russia since the invasion started to avoid being called up so it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

Only a few days ago their justification for recruiting prisoners was 'if we don't sent prisoners we'll have to send your sons'. That didn't last long. The prisoners are offered their sentences ending in return for 6 months in the Wagner mercenary group. They are getting only 5 days training before being sent to the front line.

How desperate must Putin be to send prisoners to war.  I hope when he does start to call up more reserves there is civil disobedience in Russia. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thorpist said:

Until there is regime change in Russia the current leadership is a threat to all of Europe.

Until the Russian people overthrow Putin there will be no peace.

The European countries need to keep on trying to get information to the Russian people.

who surely are not getting any sort of truth from the state.

Militarily and politically the west have done well since the invasion.

One thing Putin can't hide from the ordinary people, is the increasing number of body bags arriving back in Russia. 

9 hours ago, rogets said:

Knowing what this country is, would putin dare do anything to the UK? 

I think not, and for good reason 

This is the country that stopped Hitler, remember 1940

I have never heard such a silly comparison.

In 1940 we had a big army compared with one of the smallest now and we had one of the largest navies in the world, when today's is one of the smallest.

We also, more importantly , had a real Prime Minister with the intelligence to make the right decisions.

Most of our Prime ministers since then have had a lot of swagger and nothing to back it up.

Our last few Prime Ministers have been a complete waste of space, even in peacetime.

Last, but not least, we were taking a terrible beating in 1940 and lucky not to be defeated there and then.

Check your history books if you can't remember.