Putin Threatens The West

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

You being confused doesn’t surprise anyone 

🤣 Awwwww you're sweet. We all know you love me really. Oh, by the way is there any chance you can start visiting my profile again?

I've missed you since I posted them screen grabs 🤣

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

🤣 Awwwww you're sweet. We all know you love me really. Oh, by the way is there any chance you can start visiting my profile again?

I've missed you since I posted them screen grabs 🤣

I just updated mine as some of the info was missing, should amuse some visitors.

• Haha 3

The fact that Russia is calling main NATO actors to fly that ‘dirty nuclear bomb’ kite, rather than stick to Lavrov orations and televised propaganda, and that they all seem to be calling each other -including Russia- at some rate of knots …is a mildly concerning development.

Feels Cuban missile-ish in escalation scale, but is getting surprisingly (too-) little media attention, and maybe there’s something in that too.

Anyway, I just rechecked our bug-out bag, suggest you check yours.

Just in case Putler doesn’t blink and goes full bat****-crazy with blowing the Kherson dam with his dirty nuke.

Edited by L00b

1 hour ago, L00b said:

The fact that Russia is calling main NATO actors to fly that ‘dirty nuclear bomb’ kite, rather than stick to Lavrov orations and televised propaganda, and that they all seem to be calling each other -including Russia- at some rate of knots …is a mildly concerning development.

Feels Cuban missile-ish in escalation scale, but is getting surprisingly (too-) little media attention, and maybe there’s something in that too.

Anyway, I just rechecked our bug-out bag, suggest you check yours.

Just in case Putler doesn’t blink and goes full bat****-crazy with blowing the Kherson dam with his dirty nuke.

Crazy times indeed. I don’t doubt that Russia has wired the dam to blow but I can’t see how they could false flag a dirty bomb on Ukraine when the dam is in Russian hands. Tellingly the main reason to blow the dam is that it would result in a very good defensive obstacle against Ukraine . But unless I’ve got the map the wrong way up it would also cut the vital canal supplying water to Crimea which sounds like a totally desperate move to me. Russia is also making much of its defensive lines on its own territory around Belgorod. Doesn’t sound like an army on the offensive. Bigger picture, Russia’s economy is disappearing down the crapper and any use of nukes is likely to result in the loss of their pals in China and India. Their former client states are currently giving them the two finger salute and their own conscripts and civilians are starting to rock the boat too. The situation for their Iranian buddies in the cosy little axis of evil is looking a bit shaky as well on the home front. So yeah, dangerous times while we wait to see what a bunch of vicious old men and fat, incompetent generals will do to try saving their arses.

9 hours ago, Jim117 said:

Crazy times indeed. I don’t doubt that Russia has wired the dam to blow but I can’t see how they could false flag a dirty bomb on Ukraine when the dam is in Russian hands. Tellingly the main reason to blow the dam is that it would result in a very good defensive obstacle against Ukraine . But unless I’ve got the map the wrong way up it would also cut the vital canal supplying water to Crimea which sounds like a totally desperate move to me. Russia is also making much of its defensive lines on its own territory around Belgorod. Doesn’t sound like an army on the offensive. Bigger picture, Russia’s economy is disappearing down the crapper and any use of nukes is likely to result in the loss of their pals in China and India. Their former client states are currently giving them the two finger salute and their own conscripts and civilians are starting to rock the boat too. The situation for their Iranian buddies in the cosy little axis of evil is looking a bit shaky as well on the home front. So yeah, dangerous times while we wait to see what a bunch of vicious old men and fat, incompetent generals will do to try saving their arses.

All good points, Jim.

Just don’t forget that, if (well…when-) Ukraine retakes the dam, the water supply to Crimea will then be in their control, putting Russia in a lose-lose situation in that respect. And they haven’t exactly acted rational, much 😔

21 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Why are there no peace talks between Russia and Ukraine or other countries trying to broker a peace between the two countries ?

Because ordinarily, democratic states do not negotiate with terrorists.

And because, historically -including up to very recently- no peace commitment by Russia can be relied upon, to last any longer than it takes for the ink to dry on the peace treaty.

Russia can withdraw to its pre-2014 border at any time it chooses, and there would be an immediate end to combats. That’s the Ukrainians’ position on the topic.

1 hour ago, L00b said:

Because ordinarily, democratic states do not negotiate with terrorists.

And because, historically -including up to very recently- no peace commitment by Russia can be relied upon, to last any longer than it takes for the ink to dry on the peace treaty.

Russia can withdraw to its pre-2014 border at any time it chooses, and there would be an immediate end to combats. That’s the Ukrainians’ position on the topic.

You need to rethink k your first sentence.