Putin Threatens The West

1 minute ago, harvey19 said:

Have a look at 20th June.

Don’t mind if I don’t, got fed up of playing your 20 questions game on a tangent that has increasingly less to do with the thread topic.

State your point loud and clear. Assuming it has something to do with this thread. Or don’t bother.

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, L00b said:

I do. What about it?

Or did you mean Sinn Féinn?

The general concept, as implemented by the UK (amongst others, incl. the US), is “no negotiation with terrorists”. That’s government policy and has been for a long time, it’s pointless taking issue about it with me.

It’s a war between Ukraine and Russia.

How about you let them decide if they’ve had enough?

Well how is that going to work without negotiation?

With the west fighting a proxy war by fuelling Ukraine with arms?

no one’s “leaving them to it” - what a daft argument.

so the solution is to pretend Russia are a terrorist country and use that as a premise to supply Ukraine with arms - aye it should be over in no time…..

7 minutes ago, makapaka said:

so the solution is to pretend Russia are a terrorist country and use that as a premise to supply Ukraine with arms - aye it should be over in no time…..

We don't agree on much but that's a cracking post...👍

32 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Oh, there absolutely will be a ‘negotiation’: there always is, when a war ends. And this war will definitely end: when Ukraine wins, or when Russia wins, or when either or both of them calls it quits.

I do not see any daftness in letting a sovereign democracy, attacked in a war of aggression by its imperialist neighbour, decide for itself whether to continue fighting that war or not, for however long it needs and can do so. Perhaps you can explain why you do, however?

As for a solution, short of the logical and obvious one of Russia leaving Ukrainian territory  outright, it is necessarily to not to reward Putin’s brinksmanship: you’re only inviting more of the same imperialism down the line.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

You stated democratic governments do not meet with terrorists.

Had you forgotten ?

Can't waste any more of my time with this.

I posted “ordinarily, democratic states do not negotiate with terrorists”.

Are you seeing “meeting” in there?

Now. You’re the poster who’s been taking issue with that simple phrase for 2 pages, playing 20 questions, bringing up 50 year old IRA stuff (when “not negotiating terrorists” is official UK government policy), claiming I’ve forgotten my own words and now you’re accusing me of wasting your time?

Don’t you think Russia is a terrorist state, harvey?