Putin Threatens The West

The aim of war is to defeat the will of one side to continue.

15 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

I do not think the Ukrainians will ever forget what Russia is doing. He cannot beat them with his rag tag army so he has to attack the civilians. Some man.

They will probably say (and believe) the target areas were areas used by the military.

11 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Modern warfare is all about attacking civilians, it hasn't been confined to the battle field for a long time.

However the Russians themselves are becoming more aware of what's going on and who the aggressor is.

During WW2 some civilians in areas that were bombed in the blitz attacks probably suffered more than some soldiers who may never have seen action.

14 hours ago, trastrick said:

(Trump was President 2017 - 2021!)

In 2018, Russian military analyst Pavel Felgenhauer warned that Russia was preparing for broad action against the West to create panic and paralyze Western countries, including a long-planned “special period” of political destabilization and violence in the West once war had begun and diplomats had been recalled.

And you got opinions and those of your gurus (Ooooh! Harvard yet!)

Yes... you're sick of experts... we know! :roll:

If I was so awed by the opinions of a left wing UNI grad, like you are, I would have never have left Sheffield!  :)

Always funny watching you have to make stuff up to have anything to say at all :hihi:

21 minutes ago, Magilla said:

In 2018, Russian military analyst Pavel Felgenhauer warned that Russia was preparing for broad action against the West to create panic and paralyze Western countries, including a long-planned “special period” of political destabilization and violence in the West once war had begun and diplomats had been recalled.

Very interesting when we look at the disruption over the last few years by anti Trump . extinction rebellion, BLM, Stop Oil, insulation etc mass protests and disruption to cause anti establishment feelings.

26 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Very interesting when we look at the disruption over the last few years by anti Trump . extinction rebellion, BLM, Stop Oil, insulation etc mass protests and disruption to cause anti establishment feelings.

Those aren't "anti Trump", most aren't even US movements at all, all would have happened regardless of Trump...

...what has any of that to do with Ukraine, or Russia?

Edited by Magilla

Without assistance Putin will endeavour to wipe out the Ukraine by destroying their means to survive .

The European  Nations should put their Countries on a war footing and ban all trade with Russia.

How some sports still allow Russians to compete baffles me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

Modern warfare is all about attacking civilians, it hasn't been confined to the battle field for a long time.

However the Russians themselves are becoming more aware of what's going on and who the aggressor is.

lets hope so Anna although according to the opinion polls 80% of Russians are behind Putin , over 90 % voted for him in so called elections . , We do not know who to believe when these so called facts appear in the press .

15 hours ago, L00b said:

I’ve taken good note of how you put unprovoked in quote marks.

Clearly, you chose to not think about it. Or maybe you can’t.

Same difference.

15 hours ago, L00b said:

I’ve taken good note of how you put unprovoked in quote marks.

Clearly, you chose to not think about it. Or maybe you can’t.

Same difference.

You claimed the war was "Imperialistic blackmail by a nuclear power. Think about it."

I did think about it, and was curious as to how Putin was "blackmailing the West".

He is still selling the West his Oil and Gas, and they are buying it volutarily, so it can't be that.

That's just a business transaction. He's not forcing them to buy it.

2 hours ago, Magilla said:

Yes... you're sick of experts... we know! :roll:

Always funny watching you have to make stuff up to have anything to say at all :hihi:

And you never fail to entertain me!

So we're both happy!  :)

1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

When a society hates each other as much, and more than they hate their external enemies, it's basically over!

Who could possibly  benefit from such division?  :)

Just now, trastrick said:

And you never fail to entertain me!

He said, desperately trying to forget that 2018 comes between 2017-2021, precisely the period Trump was aligning US policy with Russian goals. :?

Just now, trastrick said:

When a society hates each other as much, and more than they hate their external enemies, it's basically over!

Who could possibly  benefit from such division?  :)

The GOP, it's the ticket they've been running on for well over 3 decades! :hihi: