Putin Threatens The West

1 minute ago, cuttsie said:

I have known some very  good communists in this City , never known a good Fascist .

I’ve no problem as long as they don’t hide behind a political party that they don’t support.

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

And you believe it? Personally, I wouldn't trust that paper to tell me what day it is.

Really, as sure as it’s Friday I question your post. 😉

57 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Didn't those now supporting Ukraine object when this happened ?

Why are we supporting Ukraine when we did not support Crimea ?

Well, some of us were.

On 03/03/2014 at 23:31, L00b said:

Yanukovych:

• Govern's during free-fall of Ukraine economy while absolutely fleecing the country
  • Oversees hated police unit shooting up protesters
  • Said police unit disbands, goes to the East, immediately receives Russian passports
  • Yanukovych flees to Russia, leave behinds huge trail of incrimination
  • Does press conference, says all private "Greek ruins", zoo, car collections, Galleon, etc, etc "planted" by protesters
  • Once in Russia asks Putin to invade Ukraine (in a letter dated 1st March)

...just a brief recap, in case anyone was still taken in by the maskirovka by now.

Realistically...it's a fait accompli already. Putin has got Crimea and that's that, he'll not be coming out/Crimea won't be reverted to Ukraine.

Note the post date. Lots more where that one came from.

18 hours ago, Kidorry said:

I have been to Ukraine a lot of times and I have never seen any sign of the nazis you are talking about. I don`t suppose the people who write the articles you read have either.

Still, we have to get our info from somewhere, beside an anonymous SF poster  :)

In this case, I'll go with Reuters and The Guardian.

Or a more independent Al Jazeera, who wrote more recently:

March 1, 2022

Profile: Who are Ukraine’s far-right Azov regiment?

The far-right neo-Nazi group has expanded to become part of Ukraine’s armed forces, a street militia and a political party.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/1/who-are-the-azov-regiment

For those who wish to speculate on the eventual outcome of this war, it is not beyond the realm of possibility that Western intervention in the Ukraine war, might ceate the unintended consequences, that left Iran with the mad mullah's (we overthrew the Sha!) Iraq, Lybia, and the current mess in Afghanistan.

With the neo NAZIS in the military, and as an existing political party, who knows what they may do at some point?

Civil war? Would Zelensky be strong enough to prevent being overthrown in another coup?

Would the Donetzk Russians join Zelensky if that became a danger?

Lots of things to think about there, beyond the current MSM narratives, for serious thinkers!

Unintended consequences, or even intended consequences  :)

(Not an obvious, or serious concern for any 4 year term Western politician trying to stay in power)

Edited by trastrick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kidorry said:

All that is speculation, not the truth. But it suits your case so you are happy. 

I posted Al Jazeera's report.

March 1, 2022

Profile: Who are Ukraine’s far-right Azov regiment?

The far-right neo-Nazi group has expanded to become part of Ukraine’s armed forces, a street militia and a political party.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/1/who-are-the-azov-regiment

And previously posted:

REUTERS

Ukraine’s neo-Nazi problem

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-cohen-ukraine-commentary-idUSKBN1GV2TY

THE GUARDIAN

Azov fighters are Ukraine's greatest weapon and may be its greatest threat

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/10/azov-far-right-fighters-ukraine-neo-nazis

I'm afraid your lame argument...........

"I have been to Ukraine a lot of times and I have never seen any sign of the nazis you are talking about. I don`t suppose the people who write the articles you read have either"'

......... doesn't carry quite as much weight in the real World!  :)

But everybody is entitled to their opinion  :)

• Thanks 1