Putin Threatens The West

5 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

At no point have I supported putin.

As usual you are lying. 

As for no good reason?

How about nato missiles along the boarder of Ukraine and Russia and the whole sale murder of ethnic russians by the Ukrainemilitary?

That's reason enough for putin.

Could he not have 'sat around a table' and negotiated?

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

if you dont want to be seen supporting Putin or Russia,

Snipped

I don't care what you or anyone else think. 

And I use the term 'think' very loosely 👍

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Could he not have 'sat around a table' and negotiated?

Again, Russia did in April.

They also stuck to the Minsk agreement which Ukraine promptly violated.

Just now, The_DADDY said:

I don't care what you or anyone else think. 

And I use the term 'think' very loosely 👍

in other words....no real comeback, no real facts, just an inane flippant remark as usual when youve lost the arguement

15 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

We should all be trying to deescalate the war. It's high time our government stopped sticking its oar in stoking things up.

The loss of life is already sickening. Imagine if it drags on another few years..🤮

Clearly, you don’t want de escalation, unless it is on Russia’s terms.

So either you’re trolling -with some vehemence on this thread- or you’re an appeaser - which is worse.

As regards makapaka’s quote, if anyone believes that I called all posters calling for de-escalation “quislings”,  and they’re offended by the notion, that might be their conscience calling them out. Because they’re wrong. Only one, and it wasn’t in relation to de-escalation in the least. When people fling ad hominems, it’s not “de-escalation”, and there shouldn’t be any surprise at getting some flung back at them. Same difference with Russia and Ukraine, unsurprisingly enough.

Edited by L00b
last para edited, wasn’t meant to be in reply to Daddy in particular.
  • Like 1

Guest makapaka

I think everyone thinks it’s wrong for putin to have invaded.

But he did it for his own reasons - we’ve gone to war for reasons that not everyone agreed with.

the thing is - we are where we are.

I’ve said it on here before - you cannot “beat” a nuclear power.

no one can “beat” Russia.

so we need some clever minds to come up with something that satisfies each  of the insecurities faced by the countries involved.

as for the missile, it will be seen by experts and they will know which side it came from, what missile it is, the different sides have weapons from different countries. And since nearly every satellite in space and every Radar will be focussed on the Ukraine, they will be able to see where it came from and what forces are in the vicinity.

Although Daddy and his ilk will still call it all lies if it goes against their narrative.

Edited by melthebell