Putin Threatens The West

8 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Wasn't there a resolution that was satisfactory to both parties early on in the conflict?

It was turned down by NATO l believe.

Which rather proves the point that this is yet another proxy war of ideologies which is never going to be solved, and will continue around the world forever.

Yup. In April. I've mentioned it a few times but unfortunately some people won't listen.

9 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Which rather proves the point that this is yet another proxy war of ideologies which is never going to be solved, and will continue around the world forever.

This has been mentioned too. Again, people won't listen as Ukraine is "the current thing".

14 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Wasn't there a resolution that was satisfactory to both parties early on in the conflict?

Good morning my beautiful,

It's far to complicated for me to comment on, but I just wondered,

If a resolution was found to be acceptable to both parties, then why wasn't it implemented.

What's it got to do with NATO.

Perhaps "The Daddy" could explain.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Anna B said:

No, there was not.

31 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Your beliefs are unfounded.

31 minutes ago, Anna B said:

The absence of resolution to date does not prove that. In the least.

Feel free to inform yourself (🙂):https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Russia–Ukraine_peace_negotiations

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Padders said:

Good morning my beautiful,

It's far to complicated for me to comment on, but I just wondered,

If a resolution was found to be acceptable to both parties, then why wasn't it implemented.

What's it got to do with NATO.

Perhaps "The Daddy" could explain.

Well it's more about America than NATO  as the US pulls its strings.

America doesn't want this proxy war to end. Its just too profitable so when a provisional agreement was made Boris went to Ukraine and told them not to negotiate, not to agree on anything and keep fighting. If they keep fighting then Ukraine will be supplied with arms and aid (money) and if they don't they are on their own.

It's clear America,  NATO and us instigated this conflict.

Not one step east I belive was the promise made to Russia by nato after the fall of the Berlin wall and now look. We are practically banging on russias door. 

The plan being to bring Ukraine 'into the fold' then place missiles right along Russias border. Not only will this mean Moscow is in striking distance but more importantly for Russia, its own missiles will become impotent so they wouldnt even be able to defend their borders from any aggression. 

Now, I'll say again to anyone who didn't listen, I don't support this war, I don't support putin but I do understand why they did what they did.

Ethnic Russians have been getting slaughtered for years by Ukraine military. Ukraine went back on a previous agreement and now this is where we are at.

A bloody war, 10s of 1000s of people are dead and this is only set to carry on. Its OK though Padders because us westerners are virtuous, we are right and we must bring 'freedom and democracy' to those backwards russians..

14 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Well it's more about America than NATO  as the US pulls its strings.

America doesn't want this proxy war to end. Its just too profitable so when a provisional agreement was made Boris went to Ukraine and told them not to negotiate, not to agree on anything and keep fighting. If they keep fighting then Ukraine will be supplied with arms and aid (money) and if they don't they are on their own.

It's clear America,  NATO and us instigated this conflict.

Not one step east I belive was the promise made to Russia by nato after the fall of the Berlin wall and now look. We are practically banging on russias door. 

The plan being to bring Ukraine 'into the fold' then place missiles right along Russias border. Not only will this mean Moscow is in striking distance but more importantly for Russia, its own missiles will become impotent so they wouldnt even be able to defend their borders from any aggression. 

Now, I'll say again to anyone who didn't listen, I don't support this war, I don't support putin but I do understand why they did what they did.

Ethnic Russians have been getting slaughtered for years by Ukraine military. Ukraine went back on a previous agreement and now this is where we are at.

A bloody war, 10s of 1000s of people are dead and this is only set to carry on. Its OK though Padders because us westerners are virtuous, we are right and we must bring 'freedom and democracy' to those backwards russians..

Thank you Daddy, a very good explanation,

As I say, too complicated for me to understand completely.

All I know is it's time the killing stopped, but will it?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Padders said:

Thank you Daddy, a very good explanation,

As I say, too complicated for me to understand completely.

All I know is it's time the killing stopped, but will it?

Here here 👏

Sadly though, I think the killing will continue for a good while yet with armchair generals and useful idiots cheering from the safety of their sofas.

I agree with The Daddy on this thread,  as far as I recall the Russians in the southern part of the Ukraine were being harassed and appealed to Putin and it went from there when he stepped in,  I don't think Zelensky is blameless either,  did anyone see the picture of the Ukrainian girl holding up a board which read 'Zelensky is a bad man' - she's not been heard of again.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cressida said:

I agree with The Daddy on this thread,  as far as I recall the Russians in the southern part of the Ukraine were being harassed and appealed to Putin and it went from there when he stepped in,  I don't think Zelensky is blameless either,  did anyone see the picture of the Ukrainian girl holding up a board which read 'Zelensky is a bad man' - she's not been heard of again.

And anybody can take a picture of a girl that looks like she might be from Ukraine and change the text on the board, photoshop is a great thing, but also a bad thing, dont believe pictures and memes

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

And anybody can take a picture of a girl that looks like she might be from Ukraine and change the text on the board, photoshop is a great thing, but also a bad thing, dont believe pictures and memes

Have to admit the thought did cross my mind so can't be certain it was genuine😉

13 minutes ago, cressida said:

Zelensky dosent take kindly to people who do that. Reports early on suggested several hundred people who had protested Zelensky had 'disappeared'. The reports came out around the same time as accusations that the Ukraine military were stopping fighting age men, young boys and even disabled people leaving the country and were forced off the evacuating busses and sent to fight. 

These reports were once freely available online. Now though? Not so much.

Funny that🤔

13 minutes ago, melthebell said:

This is true.

Both sides have been guilty of this kind of thing.

'The first casualty, when war comes, is truth',

That goes for our media too. 

Russia = Evil

Russians = Evil

Ukraine = Heroic freedom fighters

The West = Supporters of said freedom fighters.