Putin Threatens The West

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

So Nobel Peace Prize for Rishi!

Biden is out too, I should imagine!

Will someone rise to the occasion?

Here's who could do it in a New York Minute! Zelensky.

"I will no longer subject my Ukrainan people to the endless slaughter and devastation of my country. We will make the best peace we can with our Russian neighbor".

This would involve giving up the Russian allied Donetzk regions, and seeking negotiated access to their former Black Sea ports, under a United Nations brokered agreeemeent, and a pledge  to remain militarly neutral in the ongoing NATO vs Russia geopolitical struggle.

Imagine the celebtrating "When the lights come on again in Picadilly" (Kiev)

For somebody who has criticised the west for 'feeding the bear' so much you seem remarkably keen on it being served a banquet.

• Like 2

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/european-lawmakers-declare-russia-state-sponsor-terrorism-2022-11-23/

“The European Parliament on Wednesday designated Russia as a state sponsor of terrorism, arguing Moscow's military strikes on civilian targets such as energy infrastructure, hospitals, schools and shelters violated international law”.

Under this vote, seized Russian assets can now be used to fight Russia 👍🏻

• Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, L00b said:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/european-lawmakers-declare-russia-state-sponsor-terrorism-2022-11-23/

“The European Parliament on Wednesday designated Russia as a state sponsor of terrorism, arguing Moscow's military strikes on civilian targets such as energy infrastructure, hospitals, schools and shelters violated international law”.

Under this vote, seized Russian assets can now be used to fight Russia 👍🏻

Lol

Iran is also designated, a State Sponsor of Terrorism by some countries, and yet the West still sends them $millions in economic aid, and counting.

Let's have a whip round for the poor Russian people?

3 hours ago, trastrick said:

So Nobel Peace Prize for Rishi!

Biden is out too, I should imagine!

Will someone rise to the occasion?

Here's who could do it in a New York Minute! Zelensky.

"I will no longer subject my Ukrainan people to the endless slaughter and devastation of my country. We will make the best peace we can with our Russian neighbor".

This would involve giving up the Russian allied Donetzk regions, and seeking negotiated access to their former Black Sea ports, under a United Nations brokered agreeemeent, and a pledge  to remain militarly neutral in the ongoing NATO vs Russia geopolitical struggle.

Imagine the celebtrating "When the lights come on again in Picadilly" (Kiev)

Great . Let’s give the invaders what they want 

• Like 1

Iran is also designated, a State Sponsor of Terrorism by some countries, and yet the West still sends them $millions in economic aid, and counting.

By the looks of how things are going for the Iranian regime currently, that back-of-the-settee -level of economic aid looks like stupendous value for money.

A similar state of affairs, with how much the West is spending on Ukraine in aggregate, out of its military budgets, to neutralise Russia’s military medium to long term. Under 5% of the US annual military spend is chicken****, given the measurable outcomes and the consequential savings on future NATO commitments.

Let's have a whip round for the poor Russian people?

Well, you can always start one…and see how you go 😏

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Great . Let’s give the invaders what they want 

trastrick is all for buying ‘peace’ with other people’s sovereignty and future.

After all, Putin’s Russia is such a proven model of peaceful statesmanship, respectful of its international commitments to peace at all times.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, altus said:

For somebody who has criticised the west for 'feeding the bear' so much you seem remarkably keen on it being served a banquet.

They fed the Bear with Crimea.

He came back for more!

Your naive protests, nay, misinformation, or EU propaganda that they are relinqueshing their dependency on Putin's Fossil Fuels bellies the hard cold reality:

From today's Guardian:

"European Union governments failed to reach a deal on Wednesday on the level at which to cap prices for Russian sea-borne oil under the G7 scheme and will resume talks, EU diplomats said. Earlier on Thursday, EU representatives met in Brussels. The move is part of sanctions intended to slash Moscow’s revenue from its oil exports so it has less money to finance the invasion of Ukraine."

EU fiddles, while Ukraine burns.

They are still feeding the Bear! $100,000,000,000.00 to Putin since the Invasion!

And with it dies the climate change propaganda, that the World has cheaper and more viable options to Fossil Fuels.

See the failure of COP27!  :)

Edited by trastrick

8 hours ago, trastrick said:

They fed the Bear with Crimea.

He came back for more!

And what exactly do you think Putin would do in the future if, to end this war, the Ukrainians gave up land as you propose?

• Like 1