Putin Threatens The West

8 hours ago, retep said:

"Russia will stop supplying oil to European countries following the European Union’s move to introduce a price cap, Russian Permanent Representative to International Organizations in Vienna Mikhail Ulyanov said on Saturday.

"Starting from this year, Europe will live without Russian oil," he wrote on Telegram. "Moscow has already made it clear that it will not supply oil to those countries who support an anti-market price cap," Ulyanov added.

No problem for Europe.

For years they've been telling the World about all the wonderful green, viable, job creating, alternate energy sources that are available.

All they need to do is get Al Gore, Greta and all those "scientific experts" and the Hollywood celebs on board to explain how it works!

Let's see  how their windmills and Chinese solar panels get them thru the winter!

But my bet is, that lot won't be freezing in the dark!  :)

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

No problem for Europe.

For years they've been telling the World about all the wonderful green, viable, job creating, alternate energy sources that are available.

All they need to do is get Al Gore, Greta and all those "scientific experts" and the Hollywood celebs on board to explain how it works!

Let's see  how their windmills and Chinese solar panels get them thru the winter!

But my bet is, that lot won't be freezing in the dark!  :)

Trastrick , Me old pal , As you know us lot got by Ok , No cars so no petrol needed , Just a open fire in a Yorkshire range to cook and heat the house on ,, plenty of coal int coil house.

Solar was summat  the Sun and Moon did every now and then ,  

Army blankets and a few top coats ont bed , Ice on inside of windows and snow up to gas lamp arms .

That meant a walk to work sometimes five miles or more , no one dodged it or we went hungry .

Guess what some of us are still here and wondering what all the  fuss is about .

(Oh nearly forgot we  was fighting a war as well )

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Trastrick , Me old pal , As you know us lot got by Ok , No cars so no petrol needed , Just a open fire in a Yorkshire range to cook and heat the house on ,, plenty of coal int coil house.

Solar was summat  the Sun and Moon did every now and then ,  

Army blankets and a few top coats ont bed , Ice on inside of windows and snow up to gas lamp arms .

That meant a walk to work sometimes five miles or more , no one dodged it or we went hungry .

Guess what some of us are still here and wondering what all the  fuss is about .

(Oh nearly forgot we  was fighting a war as well )

You and me Cuttsie were cut from the same cloth, even though, tha were flashing thi Barney gear, while I was wearing my old reliable donkey jacket from Bunny's.

We all had different opinions on gaffers, birds, beer and everything else, but on the job we all mucked in, and had a laugh about it over a pint on a Friday night.

We had each others back, even if we didn't have the same politics. Clocked in for each other, an all, if t'gaffer had gone for a lag!

We learned how to feight, and more importantly, how to avoid a feight!

Brother Roy says ask Cuttsie if he remembers one neet in 't Locarno when he was being picked on.

Says  you got one your hard pals to sort out the bugger, remember?

That would have been Rodney Goodison , he was the best South paw I ever came across ,  A short left to the fizzog just like Marciano did and it was good night Irene .

I have  asked Slinney if he remembers  Rastricks he says he  thinks Roy went in snooker hall ont Manor Top , I think I saw him around there as well.

24 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

That would have been Rodney Goodison , he was the best South paw I ever came across ,  A short left to the fizzog just like Marciano did and it was good night Irene .

I have  asked Slinney if he remembers  Rastricks he says he  thinks Roy went in snooker hall ont Manor Top , I think I saw him around there as well.

Do you remember a Jewish family that lived on the Manor (can’t have been many), name of Davison. They had a son, big bugger who thought that he was tough, he’d be circa 80 if he’s still around, I didn’t find him that tough.

43 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Couldn't miss Roy, a good looking lad who had blonde hair. Played football with Retford

But once he got his little morris minor, he and his pals, Mickey and Pete Freeman, Blakie, Mooney and Cowan, did most of their Saturday night damage up in the elevated echelons  of Dore and Derbyshire!

My lot hung out in town at the Nelson, Athol, Red Lion, and Friday night at the Punch Bowl.

Edited by trastrick