Putin Threatens The West

3 hours ago, rogets said:

Bloke at the pub on Saturday, is 65 years old and says he fought in both world wars 

Says if there is a nuclear strike, as long as you keep yourself fit and eat healthy then the effects of a nuclear bomb won't affect you 

If the bomb lands on you then yes you are dead as you would be crushed, but the chances of the bomb landing on you in slim. 

So to sum up, there is nothing to be worried about 

The beer in your local must be worth a try, I quite fancy a Waterloo experience. :huh:

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

It's funny that just a couple of years before the invasion even uk mainstream media ran stories about how corrupt Ukraine is 

Then it became 'The current thing' and people conveniently forgot.

Ironically on a "Quality of Life" scale, by U.S. News and World Report:

Russia is listed at No.31

Well above Ukraine at No. 61

So it could explain why some Ukrainians prefer to join Russia, where they speak the same language.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/rankings/quality-of-life

Edited by trastrick

6 hours ago, West 77 said:

You haven't laid the blame on the EU.  The expansion eastwards to the borders with Russia can arguable be blamed for not making Russia happy as well as NATO expanding eastwards.  

Funnily enough, I remember how Putin got really ratty about the EU asking the Ukraine to join, which is not at all surprising as Russia was always their trading partner.

Whilst Putin is still the bad guy he's painted to be, it still shows how western politicians have acted with absolute stupidity and should bear some of the blame.

6 minutes ago, West 77 said:

You make fair comments. 

Right on!

It's all about not poking a Bear (with NATO), and not feeding a Bear (with Crimea).

Bears and Totalitarians just do what Bears and Totalitarians do. It's their nature!

You can't shame them by pearl clutching, calling them nasty names, much as it might make you feel righteous, and worthy.

Or even setting a few dogs on them, they'll just eat the unfortunate dogs too.

But a bullet between the eyes, or an intelligent drone missile?

Who knows?

But at least it shows you are seriously trying!  :)

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Funnily enough, I remember how Putin got really ratty about the EU asking the Ukraine to join, which is not at all surprising as Russia was always their trading partner.

Whilst Putin is still the bad guy he's painted to be, it still shows how western politicians have acted with absolute stupidity and should bear some of the blame.

Also, Russia is (rightly) worried that if Ukraine join the EU or NATO then western missiles will be placed right along Russian border with ukrain.

• SFBeca locked this topic
  • SFBeca unlocked this topic

Okay thread read through and unlocked - few points:

1. Everyone is allowed an opinion, and people should be respectful and engage in conversation.

2. No masked swearing or personal insults.

@croat77 you may not agree with other posters, but they are allowed an opinion and I can't see anywhere they are advocating for mass genocide? Unless I have read the posts wrong, please anyone feel free to correct me...

Please stop posting masked swearing as everyone of them will get removed.

3. Please, it is so tedious for everyone to read the same two posters bickering. @The_DADDY  & @hackey lad put each other on ignore if it's that bad.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

I saw this, it's typical of the slimey tactics people use.

If you dare wonder about America's or the UK's role in adding to the conflict,
it means that you absolve Putin of any wrongdoing, and you're pro-Putin. 🙄
When it's obvious that any sane person disagrees with Putin's barbaric invasion.

@SFBecaThe person in question has confirmed multiple times that he supports pootin "de-nazification". As for slimey tactic, he is supporter of pootins mass murderers. I don't care that he is obviously protected here and allowed to post regularly  pro pootin ****, ban me, I don't give a ****, I will challenged supporters of mass murdering maniac every time and I have zero respect for people like that. He obviously has special protection on this forum because he is  regularly opening not just pro pootin, but other homophobic, racist threads and it is going for months without consequences. So please, ban me and enjoy your "family forum" with pootin supporter, racists, anti muslim, anti refugees, anti black and other scum of the earth that you tolerate here.  

If Putin’s aim is to kick off WWIII and die doing it there’s not a lot that we can do about it. He isn’t about to retire with a pension and spend time with his family, let’s hope that he does a Hitler in order to escape execution by his fellow Russians, when they eventually come to their senses.

1 hour ago, croat77 said:

@SFBecaThe person in question has confirmed multiple times that he supports pootin "de-nazification". As for slimey tactic, he is supporter of pootins mass murderers. I don't care that he is obviously protected here and allowed to post regularly  pro pootin ****, ban me, I don't give a ****, I will challenged supporters of mass murdering maniac every time and I have zero respect for people like that. He obviously has special protection on this forum because he is  regularly opening not just pro pootin, but other homophobic, racist threads and it is going for months without consequences. So please, ban me and enjoy your "family forum" with pootin supporter, racists, anti muslim, anti refugees, anti black and other scum of the earth that you tolerate here.  

Wow. Can I ask why you still post on here if you truly believe that?