Putin Threatens The West

58 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Do you remember a Jewish family that lived on the Manor (can’t have been many), name of Davison. They had a son, big bugger who thought that he was tough, he’d be circa 80 if he’s still around, I didn’t find him that tough.

Yes that name rings a bell . There were a few Jewish kids at the Prince Edwards School although it was not until I  left school  and  realised they were Jewish  , No one gave a ****tte  which God you  followed  at that time  we all attended assembly every morning  and prayed  for whatever the  hypocrypt on stage told us to . Followed by Morning has broken .

56 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Couldn't miss Roy, a good looking lad who had blonde hair. Played football with Retford

But once he got his little morris minor, he and his pals, Mickey and Pete Freeman, Blakie, Mooney and Cowan, did most of their Saturday night damage up in the elevated echelons  of Dore and Derbyshire!

My lot hung out in town at the Nelson, Athol, Red Lion, and Friday night at the Punch Bowl.

Same here 

42 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Yes that name rings a bell . There were a few Jewish kids at the Prince Edwards School although it was not until I  left school  and  realised they were Jewish  , No one gave a ****tte  which God you  followed  at that time  we all attended assembly every morning  and prayed  for whatever the  hypocrypt on stage told us to . Followed by Morning has broken .

Same here 

I recall a kid at school who was allowed to spend his assembly time in the classroom because he was a Jehovah’s Witness. I attempted to convince my teacher that my family had converted to this religion. only to receive several flat hands to the back of my head, well if you don’t try you’ll never know.

To end this war, which is obviously in everybody's interest, not the least, the long suffering Ukrainian people, and set the stage for talks, first the level of rhetoric has to be reduced. Politician's egos to the contrary notwithstanding.

Perhaps a glimpse of some light at the end of the tunnel is being shown in some recent, reports.

Washington Post

U.S. privately asks Ukraine to show it’s open to negotiate with Russia

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/11/05/ukraine-russia-peace-negotiations/

The Guardian

Russia said on Thursday it had received an apology from the Vatican over Pope Francis’ comments last month that Russian soldiers from some ethnic minority groups were the “cruellest” fighters in the Ukraine conflict.

European Union member states failed to agree on a ninth package of Russia sanctions in talks late on Wednesday, diplomats said as EU leaders gathered in Brussels on Thursday for their last summit of the year.

A UN senior official on Thursday voiced optimism that there would be a breakthrough in negotiations to ease exports of Russian fertilisers. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2022/dec/15/russia-ukraine-war-live-kursk-airbase-in-russia-hit-ukraine-official-claims-canada-resumes-nord-stream-sanctions

The Russian position is that they would welcome talks, based on "the reality on the ground", which may not be an insurmountable problem for the West, given their history.

Partition has been imposed on many areas of wars and unrest, India, Korea, Palestine, Ireland, et al.

So there is a way, and a precedent, for the West to force an end to the war, recognizing the "reality on the ground".

And as a former Project  Management Consultant, I learned that the "impossible" can be achieved if one doesn't mind who gets the credit!

So Biden could take the lead, end this war, and get a Nobel Peace Prize, as did his predecessors, Obama, and Al Gore!

And the clapping seals, can take pride that it was their guy, NOT Trump, who gave the World, peace!

Let's all pray they figure it out soon!