2nd October 2022 Mass Bus Cuts Across South Yorkshire

Michael_N

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Everything else in society good in the 60s and 70s was it?

No, but much better than it is usually painted. 

Remember it was always the media created the myths and soundbites.

People seemed much happier then., and had opportunities we can only dream of today.

Edited by Anna B

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

No, but much better than it is usually painted. 

Remember it was always the media created the myths and soundbites.

People seemed much happier then., and had opportunities we can only dream of today.

As a family, we certainly weren't, and can you define the opportunities?

BTW, this is another topic dragged way off its title

34 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Not at all. A Cheap shot.

Are you a Neoliberal?

You don't have to be a communist to see the inequality in this, and how it is impacting on everyday life.

Are all the people objecting to the Triss /Kwasi mini budget communist?

I don't think so.

Get the big guys like Amazon to pay their correct taxes, and a lot of the problems would be solved.  

You basically said that the wealth of the UK should be shared equally regardless of effort or input to it's economy. 

That's communism. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it's been 2 days since the cuts happened. How's everyone faring ?

Edited by Resident

5 minutes ago, Resident said:

You basically said that the wealth of the UK should be shared equally regardless of effort or input to it's economy. 

That's communism. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it's been 2 days since the cuts happened. How's everyone faring ?

Can't comment yet, although the two First routes I use don't seem to have been too badly affected - I'll compare the timetables later.

Just hope the revisions mean that we don't get the number of 'cancelled without warning' trips we used to.

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

I realise that, but are they likely to want to return to the abuse?

simple one here No they wont, dont get me wrong the odd one might but most don't, and haven't and the ones that have left are so much happier and i am hoping for the same to and get out of this horrible industrie

5 hours ago, finley said:

The 57 bus route no longer goes up to worrall  it goes straight down middlewood  road.

That leaves Worrall  without a bus service at all. Good job I am retired as I would be stuck to get to work not sure how people have got on today .

What a sad state of affairs. We cannot be left for long with out a bus service its too expensive to be catching taxis everywhere.

the 57 gose on the bottom road and there is the 57A that runs the old route up worrall upto deepcar then does the new route round stocky and deepcar, 57A is every hour,

But be wanned it has been very poorly timed buy people that dont know sheffield and get paid alot more than the drivers and get weekends off so it will be very late at times,

Drivers have warned them over and over agian but are not been listen too

Edited by driver151
  • Thanks 1

Guest busdriver1
2 hours ago, Anna B said:

No, but it was a jolly good service at an affordable price.

Affordable to who?  

Money was not spent on maintenance and on more than one occasion the traffic commissioner put hundreds of vehicles off the road as they were death traps. 

Yeah let's bring that back, it a reasonable price to pay for a cheap bus fare. 

2 hours ago, driver151 said:

simple one here No they wont, dont get me wrong the odd one might but most don't, and haven't and the ones that have left are so much happier and i am hoping for the same to and get out of this horrible industrie

the 57 gose on the bottom road and there is the 57A that runs the old route up worrall upto deepcar then does the new route round stocky and deepcar, 57A is every hour,

But be wanned it has been very poorly timed buy people that dont know sheffield and get paid alot more than the drivers and get weekends off so it will be very late at times,

Drivers have warned them over and over agian but are not been listen too

As far as I can see there is no mention of 57a bus anywhere - so Worral[ has no bus service at all.

50 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

Affordable to who?  

Money was not spent on maintenance and on more than one occasion the traffic commissioner put hundreds of vehicles off the road as they were death traps. 

Yeah let's bring that back, it a reasonable price to pay for a cheap bus fare. 

So the answer is having no buses at all?