2nd October 2022 Mass Bus Cuts Across South Yorkshire

Michael_N

2 minutes ago, driver151 said:

trust me (i have been driving it today) it is running up worral the old normal route, not going down langsett at all anymore,

The times well the people above my pay grade have BEEPed it up big time and there running really late due to the running time been really short of what is needed,

Thanks @driver151- always good to hear information from those who know, rather than the Chinese whispers on forums.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Thanks @driver151- always good to hear information from those who know, rather than the Chinese whispers on forums.

tar, just to add, we had one driver quit on the spot today after getting a lot of abuse on the 57's due to the changes and lateness, thats now one less driver to drive them, plus i have a interview next week to get out and i cant wait, aim the anger at the ones that are making the bad choices not us drivers 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, driver151 said:

tar, just to add, we had one driver quit on the spot today after getting a lot of abuse on the 57's due to the changes and lateness, thats now one less driver to drive them, plus i have a interview next week to get out and i cant wait, aim the anger at the ones that are making the bad choices not us drivers 

Those people are faceless unlike drivers .

Just now, driver151 said:

Sorry to hear that, but unfortunately a lot of people these days just shout their mouths off without thinking.

I can remember, not that long ago when we had massive problems on our route - I didn't blame the drivers, I thanked those that turned up - as I always have, but I did take the complaint way up the chain of command, as did a number of disgruntled passengers (got me some new friends) and the situation was sorted.

This was though prior to Covid and the current driver shortage, and from what I heard, from reliable sources, due to instructions to maintain certain routes elsewhere in the city,  even when they were very rarely loaded.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Sorry to hear that, but unfortunately a lot of people these days just shout their mouths off without thinking.

I can remember, not that long ago when we had massive problems on our route - I didn't blame the drivers, I thanked those that turned up - as I always have, but I did take the complaint way up the chain of command, as did a number of disgruntled passengers (got me some new friends) and the situation was sorted.

This was though prior to Covid and the current driver shortage, and from what I heard, from reliable sources, due to instructions to maintain certain routes elsewhere in the city,  even when they were very rarely loaded.

the ones above are seeing the complaints but i am sorry to say the shareholders have a bigger say and the other routes even when they have less on at certain points in the day still make more money and thats what it is about money not a service

its will get worse only over the last few weeks we had alot leave and these are drivers with 10+ years like myself (hoping on joining them soon) they are not willing to change the wage or rotas or listne to us regarding routes so as drivers we are just looking for ways out now

• Like 1

Just now, driver151 said:

the ones above are seeing the complaints but i am sorry to say the shareholders have a bigger say and the other routes even when they have less on at certain points in the day still make more money and thats what it is about money not a service

its will get worse only over the last few weeks we had alot leave and these are drivers with 10+ years like myself (hoping on joining them soon) they are not willing to change the wage or rotas or listne to us regarding routes so as drivers we are just looking for ways out now

If the companies go into liquidation, the shareholders suddenly become ex-shareholders.

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

If the companies go into liquidation, the shareholders suddenly become ex-shareholders.

maybe ex shareholders, but lets face it stagecoach group made over 70 million profit this year so they dont care if little jonny has to wait for ages in the rain as he still gets on a bus at some point a pays like most

1 minute ago, driver151 said:

maybe ex shareholders, but lets face it stagecoach group made over 70 million profit this year so they dont care if little jonny has to wait for ages in the rain as he still gets on a bus at some point a pays like most

Take your point, but if no-one uses the service because it is so badly managed - that £70m profit can easily turn into a £770m loss.

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Take your point, but if no-one uses the service because it is so badly managed - that £70m profit can easily turn into a £770m loss.

yea, but there are always people that use it no matter how bad it is, as they have no choice the £70 million is the no choice around the uk, and remember they have alot of friends in the govermant too

I would love to see people stick up to them but it wont happen, when you have no choice its near on impossible to avoid adding to that £70 million

Edited by driver151