2nd October 2022 Mass Bus Cuts Across South Yorkshire

Michael_N

oooh I have just found the response I was sent, it was 3rd October 2016 and goes as follows:-

Thank you for getting in touch about our number X1 & X78 buses. I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the changes.

There were major changes to the timetables on the week commencing 4th September, which we experienced a few problems with. This is something we hope is now resolved as drivers and customers familiarized with the changes.  

We always like to hear of any suggestions that our customers have for how we can improve our service. We want to make sure that our routes are suitable and convenient for all of our customers - sometimes this is a balancing act, and we're sorry that we can't please everyone - but we do try to.

In relation to the Meadowhall Road/ nr Jenkin Road stop - the X1 service will not stop at this stop. However, I have forwarded your comments to our network planning team. They regularly review the network and undertake assessments to determine whether changes will work in the overall best interest of our customers.

Thanks again for taking the trouble to get in touch – we really do appreciate it. We look forward to welcoming you on board one of our buses again soon.

Yours sincerely

image.aspx?file_id=241091&public=y
Jennifer Brown
Customer Relations Officer

3 minutes ago, mrsb73 said:

oooh I have just found the response I was sent, it was 3rd October 2016 and goes as follows:-

Thank you for getting in touch about our number X1 & X78 buses. I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the changes.

There were major changes to the timetables on the week commencing 4th September, which we experienced a few problems with. This is something we hope is now resolved as drivers and customers familiarized with the changes.  

We always like to hear of any suggestions that our customers have for how we can improve our service. We want to make sure that our routes are suitable and convenient for all of our customers - sometimes this is a balancing act, and we're sorry that we can't please everyone - but we do try to.

In relation to the Meadowhall Road/ nr Jenkin Road stop - the X1 service will not stop at this stop. However, I have forwarded your comments to our network planning team. They regularly review the network and undertake assessments to determine whether changes will work in the overall best interest of our customers.

Thanks again for taking the trouble to get in touch – we really do appreciate it. We look forward to welcoming you on board one of our buses again soon.

Yours sincerely

image.aspx?file_id=241091&public=y
Jennifer Brown
Customer Relations Officer

In other words, 'we don't want to properly reply to your concerns, so we'll just reply with some meaningless waffle'. I had a similar experience, but when I replied to said none-answer, never got a response.

• Like 1

we like to hear your comments BUT as far as the bus goes we will do nothing

If as I understand it the bus goes past the bus stop then quite honestly I am not sure why they would dig their heels in I can understand changing routes being more problematic but not making an extra stop

9 minutes ago, BigAl1 said:

we like to hear your comments BUT as far as the bus goes we will do nothing

If as I understand it the bus goes past the bus stop then quite honestly I am not sure why they would dig their heels in I can understand changing routes being more problematic but not making an extra stop

In fariness, from the bottom of Jenkin there is a bus stop on Meadowhall Drive which the X1/X10 does stop at and it's probably only a few extra feet in distance.  Both those services are registered as 'Limited Stop' and by definition doesn't stop at every one along the route.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Resident said:

In fariness, from the bottom of Jenkin there is a bus stop on Meadowhall Drive which the X1/X10 does stop at and it's probably only a few extra feet in distance.  Both those services are registered as 'Limited Stop' and by definition doesn't stop at every one along the route.

Wasn't aware of that, so thanks for the info.

4 minutes ago, Resident said:

AFAIK all of First's X## services are limited stop.

I recall this conversation from years ago when someone thought this was the case for the X78 when in reality it can stop at every stop along the route, I assume this has now changed?

Guest busdriver1
3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I recall this conversation from years ago when someone thought this was the case for the X78 when in reality it can stop at every stop along the route, I assume this has now changed?

x78 is not limited stop. the X was used as there were service 78's in Doncaster and Sheffield at the time so this was done to signify the difference only.

1 hour ago, Resident said:

The X1 / X10 does have an alternative route registered that can be used in times of congestion where it would turn right onto Meadowhall Way and access the bus station that way missing out Meadowhall Road that gets busy at times.

It is not a few feet from the X78 stop at the bottom of Jenkin Road around to the X1 stop on Meadowhall drive it used to take me a  5 minute walk from one to the other if the X78's didn't turn up,  which I would do on occasion if I thought I could trust the app to be telling the truth about when the buses were due.  An older person would take quite a bit longer IMO.