2nd October 2022 Mass Bus Cuts Across South Yorkshire

Michael_N

15 minutes ago, 1295galaxy said:

Think First as listened to complaints about its bus changes,just got a email saying some bus timetables are going to be changed on October 23rd,hope they do help people who are struggling to get to work on time

Understand how bus timing points work yet?

Guest busdriver1
1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Understand how bus timing points work yet?

Probably thinks this means services are getting reinstated. Most likely a few timing point tweaks that's all. 

1 hour ago, busdriver1 said:

Probably thinks this means services are getting reinstated. Most likely a few timing point tweaks that's all. 

Yes, be interesting to see what they are. I think he is angling for an earlier bus on a route somewhere to the north of the city, if I recall correctly.

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Yes, be interesting to see what they are. I think he is angling for an earlier bus on a route somewhere to the north of the city, if I recall correctly.

Have a look on the Sheffield section of the FSY site - they are detailed - no actual times, admittedly, as yet, though

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Have a look on the Sheffield section of the FSY site - they are detailed - no actual times, admittedly, as yet, though

Doesnt look to be many changes later this month though - most are still dated 2nd October.

I assume the number 8 bus is what he is on about. First bus out of town towards Ecclesfield is 0601 on there....so I suspect thats no extra service in the morning whatsoever. Hard luck.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Ha, just compared the two #8 timetables (2nd and 23rd Oct) and the first bus out of Sheffield north is being retimed to a whole THREE minutes earlier, from 0604 to 0601.

Who wants to tell him? 🤣

3 hours ago, 1295galaxy said:

Think First as listened to complaints about its bus changes,just got a email saying some bus timetables are going to be changed on October 23rd,hope they do help people who are struggling to get to work on time

Any luck?

Edited by HeHasRisen

10 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Doesnt look to be many changes later this month though - most are still dated 2nd October.

I assume the number 8 bus is what he is on about. First bus out of town towards Ecclesfield is 0601 on there....so I suspect thats no extra service in the morning whatsoever. Hard luck.

Only 4 services are being changed. These are minor changes varying by only a few minutes due to initial timing errors. 

Affected services: 1a, 8, 11 & 73

• Like 1