Best Bar To Watch World Cup Final

• 3 years later...

World Cup at The Wick

We can’t compete in the Big Screen and HD war, so we’ve decided to switch tactics and go hell for leather on comfort and quality.

We’ll have a TV in every seating area, table service, some cracking drinks offers and a special football friendly food menu.

We will show every England match with volume, and if you are interested in any other matches, watch away with no volume.

If you want to guarantee a table for your group, give us a call on 0114 2723039

The Wick at Both Ends x

149-151 West Street

We were discussing this the other day, and while there may be plenty of pubs in the city centre showing the world cup, very few of them seem to serve decent real ale.

Why is it that too many pubs think that all real ale drinkers like quiet pubs? Isn't there anywhere that can offer both decent beer and football?

Rawson Spring has the 23ft projector screen on for all the WC matches! I'll be in there for the vast majority of them.

The problem I can see is that they will be serving beer in plastic cups due to safety reasons when there is a large crowd in, I'm sure after a few pints I won't mind though.

Rawson Spring has the 23ft projector screen on for all the WC matches! I'll be in there for the vast majority of them.

The problem I can see is that they will be serving beer in plastic cups due to safety reasons when there is a large crowd in, I'm sure after a few pints I won't mind though.

There's also the problem that Wetherspoons always have the sound turned down on their TVs. Watching the world cup silently with subtitles kind of ruins the atmosphere for me!

There's also the problem that Wetherspoons always have the sound turned down on their TVs. Watching the world cup silently with subtitles kind of ruins the atmosphere for me!

Good job it is a Lloyds/Weatherspoons then isn't it? ;)

Hence why they play music at weekends.

Archived