McCanns Lose Case At European Court Of Human Rights

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Sea and staff?

If I remember rightly that hotel had had a prowler weeks before Maddie disappeared,  and the papers mentioned the hotel staff had been questioned.

The sea?  she could have been drowned.

2 hours ago, harvey19 said:

There used to be a saying that   It said OXO on the sides of buses but they weren't a box of OXO cubes.

Inside information equals rumours.

Speculation goes rife in cases like this,  not just me.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cressida said:

If I remember rightly that hotel had had a prowler weeks before Maddie disappeared,  and the papers mentioned the hotel staff had been questioned.

Ahhh, yes thank you I remember now 🙏

54 minutes ago, cressida said:

Sensationalism reporting feeds speculation.

9 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Sensationalism reporting feeds speculation.

OK that's fair enough. Mr McCann angrily stated that Cadaver dogs are notoriously unreliable. Why would he say this unless he was trying to deflect?

I agree the media can feed speculation but McCann said those words. Why?

28 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

OK that's fair enough. Mr McCann angrily stated that Cadaver dogs are notoriously unreliable. Why would he say this unless he was trying to deflect?

I agree the media can feed speculation but McCann said those words. Why?

Probably because it is true.

I am sure he will have done research before making the statement.

I think that if the parents were responsible for the disappearance of their daughter one of them would have tried to blame the other in order to minimise the pressure on their own  conscience.

There has been massive media coverage and pressure for a long time and I think one of them would have let something slip if they had harmed their daughter.

The parents are grieving for their missing daughter and I think we should respect that.

I think they are innocent of harming their daughter.

28 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I am sure he will have done research before making the statement.

Why would he need to do that?

Research about cadaver dogs I mean.

If he's a grieving father I'm sure researching such things would be the last thing on his mind.

Also, why did he get angry? If hes confident in his "research" there would be no reason to get annoyed. He could just point to where his research discredited the dogs and then just move along.

23 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I think that if the parents were responsible for the disappearance of their daughter one of them would have tried to blame the other in order to minimise the pressure on their own  conscience.

There has been massive media coverage and pressure for a long time and I think one of them would have let something slip if they had harmed their daughter.

The parents are grieving for their missing daughter and I think we should respect that.

I think they are innocent of harming their daughter.

Maybe maybe not. I don't think we'll ever know for sure.

Mind you, they are very much guilty of putting their children in harms way. That is indisputable. 

3 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I can't remember, but am sure they only give a guide as to where something has been or is and different substances will probably give a positive result .

These particular dogs were so good at their job they worked around the globe. Apparently the very best in the business.