So What Is In His Mini-Budget?

4 hours ago, rogets said:

We come from a family where our forefathers left school at 15 and worked hard, and dare I say it I too am in a very comfortable position due to my own efforts 

And it goes to show you what you can do if you work hard, look at me and what I've achieved. 

As someone earning 20 grand a year im with the bankers not the skivers

I'm glad.

I too have done alright and am comfortable, but l have benefited greatly from a decent education and a time of full employment with proper jobs. And a welfare state that provided free higher education amongst many other things which benefited everyone, and created a level playing field in which everyone could thrive. 

Unfortunately those times are gone.

Now the advantages are all in the court of the already wealthy, and controlled by the already wealthy in their interests.

• Like 1

It always makes me laugh when people find some link to the Tories having their snouts in the trough and doing things for their wealthy mates.

Like Labour never did this, or will continue to do so. 

The sad thing is that they ALL have their snouts in the trough.  They always have and always will.

Vaccine-row donor gave Labour £500,000

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2004/aug/24/partyfunding.uk

Blair under fire as row over F1 and party donation resurfaces

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2008/oct/13/partyfunding-tonyblair

E159yBUWEAMpBe3.png

Many folk with wealth can recall not having any, conversely most folk without wealth cannot recall ever having any. The morale to this is that more folk need to create wealth, rather than being envious of those that have. Not punishing those with wealth is the only sensible action to take, after all nothing can trickle from an empty pot can it?

• Like 2

Anyway.

This unfunded, uncosted, giveaway to the richest in society might just be a gift for Labour.

We now have a PM, voted in by a few thousand old dears. A PM who wasn’t wanted by her own MPs. A chancellor who is so arrogant that he’s going it alone. And a magic money forest that Jeremy Corbyn would have baulked at. Almost all being used to feather the nests of those who need it least.

Meanwhile, a cold winter lies ahead, with record energy prices for most. Supply chains are breaking down all over the place. Inflation is rampant. 

If Starmer, Rayner and Reeve can’t make hay with this, they need to step aside and let someone else have a go.  

18 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Not punishing those with wealth is the only sensible action to take, after all nothing can trickle from an empty pot can it?

The can is empty already! We are in massive debt and they are borrowing more. They are taking out a second mortgage.

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

The can is empty already! We are in massive debt and they are borrowing more. They are taking out a second mortgage.

Funny that, during a very quiet time at work I took out a second mortgage in order to buy an investment property, it was hard at first but I soon discovered that money makes money

5 minutes ago, sibon said:

Anyway.

This unfunded, uncosted, giveaway to the richest in society might just be a gift for Labour.

We now have a PM, voted in by a few thousand old dears. A PM who wasn’t wanted by her own MPs. A chancellor who is so arrogant that he’s going it alone. And a magic money forest that Jeremy Corbyn would have baulked at. Almost all being used to feather the nests of those who need it least.

Meanwhile, a cold winter lies ahead, with record energy prices for most. Supply chains are breaking down all over the place. Inflation is rampant. 

If Starmer, Rayner and Reeve can’t make hay with this, they need to step aside and let someone else have a go.  

Hmmm... :huh:

But on a positive note...

... it does give the majority of people on here plenty to moan about! :hihi:

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, sibon said:

I agree but it simply won't happen, instead they do this:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/chaos-rocks-labour-as-party-forced-to-deny-angela-rayners-claims-they-would-scrap-income-tax-cuts/ar-AA12bGaN