So What Is In His Mini-Budget?

On 12/10/2022 at 19:27, El Cid said:

This thread seems to have gone off the boil, despite it still affecting the bond markets and interest rates.

People getting a mortgage, if they can still afford one, will cost them thousands of ££s extra.

A economist on channel four news has just called a government statement on the matter "boll*cks" live on air. She is right!

The news reader did apologize 🤣🤣

Maybe it’s time to give it a bump after mad Liz going on one today.

9 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Thanks for the bump. It reminds me of special times, with Liz riding the crest of the wave and Rishi being rejected by the Tory party.

On 23/09/2022 at 17:46, Guest sibon said:

It will be interesting to see the trickle down.

I’ve been hearing about it for most of my adult life, but the trickle seems to be stubbornly up.

This is an extraordinary, unfunded, uncosted gamble. There isn’t much in it for ordinary people, except more debt and higher house prices.

I reckon that Sibon nailed it early in the thread, in the middle of all the Tory sycophants.

27 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

She is just embarrassing herself even more, by blaming others for her error.

I wonder if she will speak at next months  Conservative Party conference :)

9 hours ago, El Cid said:

She is just embarrassing herself even more, by blaming others for her error.

I wonder if she will speak at next months  Conservative Party conference :)

It's worth remembering that Truss and her economic fanaticism didn't magically appear in No 10. It was the members of the Conservative party who looked at the choices and decided that Truss was what the county needed.

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

It's worth remembering that Truss and her economic fanaticism didn't magically appear in No 10. It was the members of the Conservative party who looked at the choices and decided that Truss was what the county needed.

And the Tufton Street mob, whose representatives are always on the BBC, SKY and other broadcasters complaining that the media is biased against them.