Car Breakdown Cover Prices

3 minutes ago, fools said:

rac relay £14/month (normal price), £7/month currently  x 50 years = £4200 --  sufficient for quite a few tows.

Even £7 a month is high that's £84 a year,  I wouldn't pay that, certainly not £84 extra (over roadside).

But how much would just "roadside" cost ? If it's £50 a year it's only the difference that relay is costing, which would be £34.

3 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I wouldn't pay that, certainly not £84 extra (over roadside).

You know that bit where I said it was an aside ..., with some example costs ....? Which vary, from provider to provider, person to person, deal to deal. ?

How many times have you required recovery from a breakdown in your driving life?

https://www.rac.co.uk/breakdown-cover

56 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

No you are trolling, which, BTW is what people tend to do when :

1 - They area certain kind of person.

and

2 - That are losing the argument(s).

What was it you once said "countless school teachers dying of covid" ? (answered here)

Your faith in statistics is lovely.

Maybe you could explain why you didn’t just walk out of the safari park, given that lion related deaths are almost non existent in the UK.

I’m winning this argument, btw. Hands down. That’s why you are resorting to distraction techniques and insults.

Edited by sibon

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Hoisted by his own petard. 

It’s a tough lesson, but one that I thought that he might find useful.

He’s a serial misuser of statistics, conveniently ignoring the fact that statistical outcomes are often affected by mitigating factors.

Maybe, he’ll think of the lions before posting his next bunch of statistical baloney.😁

1 hour ago, fools said:

You know that bit where I said it was an aside ..., with some example costs ....? Which vary, from provider to provider, person to person, deal to deal. ?

How many times have you required recovery from a breakdown in your driving life?

https://www.rac.co.uk/breakdown-cover

Fair enough, but whether it's worth paying extra for "Relay" is all about the figures, plus how much someone feels it is worth paying for peace of mind in that regard. At the end of the day it's effectively insurance, and insurance companies make money, therefore, on average people pay more into it than they get out of it, but they get peace of mind.

4 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Fair enough, but whether it's worth paying extra for "Relay" is all about the figures, plus how much someone feels it is worth paying for peace of mind in that regard. At the end of the day it's effectively insurance, and insurance companies make money, therefore, on average people pay more into it than they get out of it, but they get peace of mind.

You could have your boiler serviced occasionally (about £75 before you ask) with the money you'll save. And maybe put something interesting in the shop window.

Edited by fools

44 minutes ago, sibon said:

Your faith in statistics is lovely.

Maybe you could explain why you didn’t just walk out of the safari park, given that lion related deaths are almost non existent in the UK.

I’m winning this argument, btw. Hands down. That’s why you are resorting to distraction techniques and insults.

Because there was a ****ing lion right there.

It wasn't like crossing a railway where one can see that, and hear that, there is no train coming.

But, bearing in mind your comment that "countless teachers could die from Covid" your grasp of statistics is provably so poor that you are the last person I would take a lesson in stats from.

>>I’m winning this argument, btw. Hands down. That’s why you are resorting to distraction techniques and insults.<<

Where have I insulted anyone ?

And what makes you think you are winning any argument about statistics ?

More to the point, why did you start trolling on this thread about car recovery ?

That smacks of online stalking to me, which is ironic because you are the one who thinks the internet is such a dangerous place that any picture of a school performance on it is like leaving a loaded a gun around.

May be the internet is dangerous with stalkers on it ?

21 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Because there was a ****ing lion right there.

Now we are getting somewhere.

Next, consider why people wore masks, kept their distance and stayed home during covid.

Because there was a ****ing killer virus there.

Just like not wandering around in a lion enclosure, not going into virally risky situations made all the difference.

So those graphs of yours are about as much use as my lion death statistics.

I’m glad that the scales are beginning to fall from your eyes.

Do try to be a bit more polite though.

Edited by sibon

6 minutes ago, fools said:

You could have your boiler serviced occasionally (about £75 before you ask) with the money you'll save. And maybe put something interesting in the shop window.

It's pointless spending any time on our shop window because 95% of our turnover is mail order, and most of the 5% in the shop is generated by the three thousand people a week we get reading the website. The only slight problem is that 57% are from abroad (mainly the USA at 30%), and most of them aren't going to buy anything, mainly because of the cost of carriage.

I doubt if having the greatest window display in the world (of aerials, poles, brackets and clamps) would boost out turnover by more than £10 a week, if that.

I'll pass on the £75 a year to have a boiler serviced, the biggest waste of money after EICR certificates.