Car Breakdown Cover Prices

Dunno, a Yagi is a bit more inviting to a passerby with an irritating freeview signal, than a pole clamp and a few dead moths.

Surprised an occasional peace of mind gas leak and carbon monoxide check is not a condition of insurance.

Edited by fools

11 hours ago, fools said:

Dunno, a Yagi is a bit more inviting to a passerby with an irritating freeview signal, than a pole clamp and a few dead moths.

Surprised an occasional peace of mind gas leak and carbon monoxide check is not a condition of insurance.

The historical trend (more and more regulation "to keep us all safe") is that sooner or later it will be a condition of every gas appliance that it is "serviced" every year, including in private homes*. That is already the case with rental properties (because landlords are an easy target) and that is part of the reason I made sure there are never going to be any gas appliances in my flats.

* They will find some way to force that on us, possibly, as you say through the insurance route.

>>Dunno, a Yagi is a bit more inviting to a passerby with an irritating freeview signal, than a pole clamp and a few dead moths.<<

YOU LIAR (they're mainly dead flies) !

11 hours ago, sibon said:

Now we are getting somewhere.

Next, consider why people wore masks, kept their distance and stayed home during covid.

Because there was a ****ing killer virus there.

Just like not wandering around in a lion enclosure, not going into virally risky situations made all the difference.

So those graphs of yours are about as much use as my lion death statistics.

I’m glad that the scales are beginning to fall from your eyes.

Do try to be a bit more polite though.

I have answered this rubbish here on the Covid thread.

>>Do try to be a bit more polite though.<<

Coming from you that's a joke, right ?

On 24/09/2022 at 19:06, Chekhov said:

In the second place where are you getting a figure of £200 to have you and your car transported from Kidderminster to Sheffield ? Remember, quite apart from anything else, the car transporter has to drive back again after dropping you off.

It costs not far off a £100 (incl VAT) to just have a pallet sent from there via a carrier network !

We have just had a quote to send a 150Kg pallet from Halesowen, near Birmingham, to Sheff for £73.74 (incl VAT). That is through their network, it is not an  individual driver making the trip up here (and back again don't forget) with just one thing.  Thus I cannot see how a car (c/w passengers) could be transported from the same area to Sheff for anywhere near £200.

I'd be interested to know how much it would cost actually, does anyone know ?

Edited by Chekhov

16 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

We have just had a quote to send a 150Kg pallet from Halesowen, near Birmingham, to Sheff for £73.74 (incl VAT). That is through their network, it is not an  individual driver making the trip up here (and back again don't forget) with just one thing.  Thus I cannot see how a car (c/w passengers) could be transported from the same area to Sheff for anywhere near £200.

I'd be interested to know how much it would cost actually, does anyone know ?

If you make your next car an Audi, they come with complementary roadside assistance.

Problem solved.

Green Flag break down their pricing into an insurance premium (which will pay the costs of roadside/recovery if needed) which for me is about 35% of the total, with the rest being an admin fee for sorting out the service if needed plus tax. 

In the past I've found that their online quote system can be a benefit, since they have no problem with customers who don't like their renewal quote letting their cover lapse, and then rejoining the same day as a new customer with the discount that comes with that.

49 minutes ago, fools said:

If it interests you so much, ring someone up and ask for a quote

https://www.checkatrade.com/blog/cost-guides/vehicle-towing-cost/

I would feel a bit cheeky wasting their time when I do not actually need that service ( ! ) but I did phone up Twigg Bros, and they said it's roughly £1.60 per mile plus vat both ways.

So Sheff to WM Safari Park is 116 miles x £1.60 x 1.2 (VAT) x 2 (for the return journey of the driver and truck) = £445.

1 hour ago, sibon said:

If you make your next car an Audi, they come with complementary roadside assistance.

Problem solved.

I saw Sibon had made a post on here and wondered if he'd broken the habit of a lifetime and made a relevant useful post, sadly not.

For the record I am certain not all second hand Audis do not come with breakdown cover, nor do new Audis come with a lifetime's breakdown cover (and certainly not without some very onerous conditions).

Edited by Chekhov