The War On Drugs.

Is there a war on drugs?

OB dont seem that bothered unless its big time, but you can pretty much plant your house out without much interference, and many do near me, you can tell who in winter as venting through the loft keeps the snow off the tiles, loads of snow on the floor, not much on roofs 

It seems to be accepted that there is wide spread illegal drug use amongst all sections of the community.

I think a date should be set after which  anyone importing, making, selling or using illegal drugs should be dealt with by due legal process.

By this method people who have used them in the past could not have the fact used against them.

Youngsters would be deterred if high profile users were arrested as detection is the best deterrent.

Those excusing the use need to be shown the error of their ways.

8 hours ago, harvey19 said:

It seems to be accepted that there is wide spread illegal drug use amongst all sections of the community.

I think a date should be set after which  anyone importing, making, selling or using illegal drugs should be dealt with by due legal process.

By this method people who have used them in the past could not have the fact used against them.

Youngsters would be deterred if high profile users were arrested as detection is the best deterrent.

They are already dealt with by legal process .

• Like 1

Why not trial decriminalisation / legalised dispensaries, and monitor what changes result?

Ethically; it’s your body and life, so long as you’re not harming others, who are the gov to tell you what you can do with your own body.

Government are the enemy of the people.

• Like 1

Just to add, not a drug user myself, have in the past though; I zero problem with anyone else doing whatever they like with their own body; only caveat that they're not harming others. Also; I like for people to be well and happy; but that is largely a consequence of their own actions and 

lifestyle.

• 2 months later...
On 24/09/2022 at 11:24, harvey19 said:

There's plenty of legal drug use too, and therein lies the problem.

Importing, making, selling or using illegal drugs... is already a criminal offence and has been for decades.

I doubt it would make any difference, most people don't care what people do in the privacy in their own homes.

Johnny Walker (the DJ) got nicked for cocaine use some time ago, his fans (the majority pensioners) started a pressure campaign to get his job back... couldn't care less.

Then there's the resources and manpower needed to actually do it... ATM even basic policing is on the ropes.

All tried, and failed, over the past several decades.

What does "shown the error of their ways" mean?

I believe that would be impossible to do while alcohol, for example, is legal, accepted and regulated.

Edited by Magilla